Horrorcore

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I think it's 'hardcore' rap that is tainted with elements of horror, supernatural, etc themes ... but I could be wrong

Wicked Death Killa

Reaction score
Insane Clown Posse would be probably the most known Horrorcore group. Here is a couple of more Horrorcore references, as requested by Miss Magic.

Boondox - Pray With Snakes

Esham - Dionaea Muscipula

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Its not a term that gets thrown around a lot where I am. If it is as Phil said referencing rap music than obviously I am not going to have heard of that term because I don't tend to venture into realms of music I don't get into aside from some old school hip hop.

Yeah, i have no clue what all the new rap is about, I was referring to old school stuff. The first time I remember hearing the term was to reference a local rap group called The Geto Boys from Houston (Tx). They were quite big down here in the late 80's/early 90's

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I did remember ICP when I read the OP, and can't stand them or their brand of metal.

Sorry just being honest, the nu-metal/rap metal hybrids do nothing for me and I have to be able to listen to the vocalist in any band I listen to.

RATM is another example love Morello's guitar, but the singer kills my interest as soon as he opens his mouth.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Insane Clown Posse would be probably the most known Horrorcore group. Here is a couple of more Horrorcore references, as requested by Miss Magic.

Boondox - Pray With Snakes

Esham - Dionaea Muscipula

Thank You for more examples.

I will say one thing about these groups.........they have some really complex lyrics. They seem to be easier to understand than the straight up "Gangsta" rappers.

Actually it is kind of refreshing to hear "rap" that isn't describing sex & rape....

I do like the band name Boondox......was kinda expecting a southern influence on that one, but nodda ;)

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
I love scary/horror videos, at least when they are actually scary - but I'm afraid all of these seems to be variations on John Wayne Gacy in his clown outfit.... meets the cast of Tarantino's Kill Bill and Reservoir Dogs movies. In particular the skinhead in the first video looks extremely threatening indeed, the victim of far too many late nights playing Grand Theft Auto I'd say. I can't comment on the actual music because I simply don't understand any of it, or what it is supposed to represent, so there's no point in me just pretending that I know what I'm talking about!

Wicked Death Killa

Reaction score
Killa C in his "Clown" Makeup:

225574_102637969828037_894710_n.jpg

GreySatyr

PaganPsyche
Reaction score
ICP started the genre.

It's basically rap with outlandish, occult, supernatural, gory lyrics etcetera.

It also features mainly white guys in clown make up.

I used to like all it back in my teens but I grew out of it. It helped me through a hard time in my life so I will always have fond memories of it but at the same time I look back and think its really elementary and ridiculous music. Twiztid is probably the most talented of all the bands though, I particularly like their green book album and the wicked album was awesome. I haven't listened to any of it in years though. I hear that ICP is trying to play some rap/bubblegum pop nowadays. Weird.

If I had never picked up a guitar and become a music elitist then I'd probably still like em.

I just can't get over bands that don't play any instruments...

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.