Hidden or mystery album tracks

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Occasionally a band will choose to put an unlisted track at the back end of an album, which will often start up at some point after the perceived final song. You can call these hidden tracks or mystery tracks but whatever they are, these are generally not listed on the album's track listing.

Artists I know of who have done this include: Nirvana, Guns N' Roses, Kelly Osbourne and Deep Purple.

So have at it. What hidden or mystery album tracks have you come across in your music listening career?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I can't think of any off hand Aeroplane, but I always wondered what the point of it was...:think:

Oh I have one,,,"Train in Vain" off London Calling, if I remember my old vinyl didn't have the track listed at all...then again my little gray cells might be fuzzy this morning.:D

The Mighty Clash.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Probably the most famous one in recent time has been

Alanis Morrissette-Your House

Actual one of the better moments of Jagged Little Pill IMO! :grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
OOOoooo! Good thread....this happens frequently these days. In the good ole days, you didn't see hidden tracks. Good marketing strategy, actually, to get people to buy something hoping for a hidden gem.

The first album that comes to my mind is Aerosmith's "Pump"..it had a hidden track.

on the album I have, here is the hidden track

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
This Breaking Benjamin track was a great addition to their debut Saturate! I loved it and it was a great pleasant surprise after such a heavy album!

Forever

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I find the hidden track thing truly peaked in the 90's and died in 2,000 when they changed the tracks to being listed and called bonus tracks right on the package! :D

Flower

retired
Reaction score
Her Majesty" is a song written by Paul McCartney (although credited to Lennon/McCartney) that appears on The Beatles' album Abbey Road. "Her Majesty" is the final track of the album and appears fourteen seconds after the song "The End", but was not listed on the original sleeve. As such, it is considered one of the first examples of a hidden track in rock music.

Flower

retired
Reaction score
Better Than Ezra ..

Deluxe: A hidden, untitled track begins playing after 2 minutes and 10 seconds of silence following the final listed track, "Coyote".

Flower

retired
Reaction score
The Byrds ...

"Sweetheart of the Rodeo": Found on the 1997 CD reissue. A minute after the last bonus track of "All I Have Are Memories" [Instrumental]" is a hidden bonus track consisting of a Sweetheart of the Rodeo radio spot.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Her Majesty" is a song written by Paul McCartney (although credited to Lennon/McCartney) that appears on The Beatles' album Abbey Road. "Her Majesty" is the final track of the album and appears fourteen seconds after the song "The End", but was not listed on the original sleeve. As such, it is considered one of the first examples of a hidden track in rock music.

Flower I dont own the vinyl of this, did that track appear on the vinyl? or was this track added to the remaster?

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.