Hi! Im Sky, 12 Year Old Classic Rock Geek

SkyTheFrenchFrey

Livin In The 80s
Reaction score
Hello!

Hi! I am Sky, a 12 year old obsessed with classic rock, or any rock for that matter, lol. Im a fan of bands such as Metallica, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Queen, AC/DC, Pearl Jam, Beatles, etc. In my free time, I enjoy to read more about random stuff, read, and draw.

Thanks for reading! :D

SanguineRemedy

Speed Demon
Reaction score
Wow, you're young. You'll find that you aren't alone in that regard!

I grew up on my ma and pa's tastes and it let me expand my own. I was very young too when it all started. It brings me hope witnessing young audiences getting into such great music. You have great tastes yourself! See you around and welcome to the site, Sky. :)

SkyTheFrenchFrey

Livin In The 80s
Reaction score
Glad you say that! I also grew up (and still is) with my parents taste in music. When I was around 7, my father found a radio station in the car with some Alternative on it. He would play it and I would listen to it, astonished.

Fast forward a few years, I decide to do some research. What kind of music do people find interesting, cool, etc. I found a website that talks about all sorts of music. I decided to give it a try.

One of the first songs I listened to was "Bohemian Rhapsody" and at first I thought it was weird, with all the different parts (opera, hard rock). But when I listened to it again, I loved it. I started to explore a lot over the summer, from Zep to Floyd. I loved it. The music helped me overcome lots of problems. Today I have developed my own kind of taste, involving classic rock, metal, and more :3

Unfortunately, a lot of people at my school openly disagree about the music I listen to, even say it right in front of my face. When I come to school with a 1973 Pink Floyd shirt, I get made fun of because people think my taste of music is too "old". It stinks seeing a bunch of peers listening to music that really isn't music. But that's their taste I guess.

Lol, sorry if this was long, I just joined XD

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
wow wee 12yrs old and great musical taste welcome to classic rock forum

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Welcome Sky. It takes great courage to listen to your own music when all your peers are making fun of you. I grew up listening to what we now call classic rock in the disco/punk era and picked up quite a bit of flack from some of the kids at school, but then I also had a bunch of like minded friends as well, so it wasn't that bad. Hope to see you on the forum :cheers2

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Members online