Help me out...Recommend 3 bands to me

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Pat Travers - Crash and Burn (If you like bass, you'll love this album)

Kansas - Leftoverture (One of my favorite bands of all time, well produced album that kicks ass.)

Peter Gabriel - US (My favorite of his solo records, and again if you like bass, you'll love this album especially "Digging in the Dirt".)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Music that moves me with lyrics:

Toad the Wet Sprocket ~ Dulcinea *alternative rock*

Crossfade ~ Falling Away *alternative metal*

Lifehouse ~ Who We Are *alternative rock*

These bands should take you out of the Classic Rock comfort zone with something new to listen to :tup:

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
Like JakeWasHere said, Rush is awesome. Great musicians and excellent lyrics. Moving Pictures is their best work, but picking up a copy of the compilation "Chronicals" is a good way to break into this band. Not everyone gets them, but if you do get them there is no-one else like them.

You will get a ton of suggestions so I will just leave mine at one..but a good one.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
The Band "The Band" Americana at it's most beautiful and heartbreaking. The Monkees "Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn and Jones, Ltd." 60s pop music at it's best. Alice Cooper "Billion Dollar Babies" The original band at their best as well as one of the most unlikely duets ever with Alice and Donovan on the title track (and yet it totally works).

Atrim3ntus

Reaction score
Smashing Pumpkins (band that got me into the emotion of music and my all time favorite band)
Blue October (great lyrically and emotionally)
Damien Rice (Not a band but just watch one performance of his and you'll feel it too the point of chills)

I'll give you band name and album.

Free -Fire and Water
Bruce Springsteen -The River
UFO -Phenomenon

So far I've listened to all of these and loved them. Except Smashing Pumpkins, I knew them already but I don't know...I've never liked the vocals too much. All of five of them are keepers :cheers2 so I'll be sure to get the rest of their stuff soon. I like Free, UFO and Blue October the best!

I CAN'T wait to listen to the rest of the suggestions! Thanks guys :grinthumb.

Edit: The album I listened to from Blue October was "History On Sale."

Last edited:

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score
Well I was gonna recommend Rush and Pink Floyd but "someone" already beat me to it. :D

Here's recommedations from LadyB

Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band - Safe as Milk is the album that I highly recommend any person interested in checking them out. This album is magic filled with some great beats and catchy hooks. If you're looking for great vocals, Beefheart's voice is incredible and soulful.

Black Sabbath - Another one of my favorite bands. Paranoid might be a little too commercial for you but it's still a great album. However my recommendation is Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and IMO it's their best album.

Emerson Lake and Palmer - If you're curious to give progressive rock a listen to, I highly recommend ELP. Trilogy is a beautiful album and I consider it one of the best albums of all time. Tarkus and Brain Salad Surgery are fantastic albums as well.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online

No members online now.