Help me out...Recommend 3 bands to me

Atrim3ntus

Reaction score
I could just search what I need but there's just so many INCREDIBLE bands out there that I just can't find where to start! I'm almost feeling desperate.

I'll admit I've never been too big on the classics like Pink Floyd, Led Zepellin, etc etc. Not because I don't like them but because I've never sat down and listened to a whole album in its entirely. And well, I was never exposed to music and I only started to really listening to it about a year ago or so ago so it hasn't been that long and I've mostly only gotten myself exposed to indie rock , which is ironic, me being in a classic forum and all.

Anyways, the first thing I look for is whether or not the lyrics are meaningful, the more relatable the better. I look to feel the passion the band has and the emotion the singer is putting out, because to me music isn't just something to listen to and past the time, I want to feel a connection and be inspired!
And of course a band that has awesome bass wouldn't be too bad because even simple basslines such as the intro to Under Pressure by Queen & David Bowie make me go mad :heheh:.

Just throw me a few bands (Besides The Beatles) + your favorite album from that band or the album you think has the best lyrics and I promise to check it out :cheers2.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Smashing Pumpkins (band that got me into the emotion of music and my all time favorite band)
Blue October (great lyrically and emotionally)
Damien Rice (Not a band but just watch one performance of his and you'll feel it too the point of chills)

FireandWater

Family Man
Reaction score
I'll give you band name and album.

Free -Fire and Water
Bruce Springsteen -The River
UFO -Phenomenon

JakeWasHere

Reaction score
Here's my three recommendations. It's too hard for me to pick any specific albums by each, but I'll make a few suggestions.

Pink Floyd -- You mentioned them, and if you're looking for a band with great lyrics and a good bassist (Roger Waters) they're worth digging into. There's way more to them than DARK SIDE OF THE MOON, but if you've never actually sat down and listened to DARK SIDE I still recommend it. It's quite an experience.

Rush -- A lot of people consider this band hard to get into because of the lead singer, but Geddy Lee's not THAT bad, and he's a monster bassist besides. All three of the band, really, are virtuoso talents; Alex Lifeson is definitely on my Most Underrated Guitarists list, and Neil Peart (aside from being the most insane drummer I've ever heard) is also a talented lyricist with a unique take on things. As for where to start, well, their sound has evolved constantly over the nearly 40 years they've been together. My wife's favorites come from their middle period -- SIGNALS, GRACE UNDER PRESSURE and PERMANENT WAVES, which are a little more accessible than stuff like, say, 2112. MOVING PICTURES is regarded as one of their all-time classics.

The Doors -- Some may call this band overrated, but in my opinion they did some incredible stuff while they were together. THE DOORS and STRANGE DAYS still hold up well, I think, and ABSOLUTELY LIVE is a good compilation of some of their best stuff in concert.

CREAM'd

Reaction score
Bob Dylan ~ Bringing It All Back Home

Mike Oldfield ~ Tubular Bells

The Kinks ~ Village Green Preservation Society

^3 great albums that should be heard at least once.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
The Decemberists - The King Is Dead (Indie Folk)
Myrath - Desert Call (Progressive Metal)
Sigur Ros - Takk... (Ambient/Post Rock)

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Try this:

Dio - "Holy Diver". (Classic Hard'n'Heavy)
Scorpions - "Pure Instinct". (Melodic Hard Rock)
Mark Free - "Long Way From Love". (AOR)

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

The Grateful Dead / Reckoning
String Cheese Incident / Live On The Road In Tulsa
Widespread Panic / Live In The Classic City

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Uriah Heep - Look At Yourself
Nazareth - Hair Of The Dog