Help me find the name of a song

ottacat

Reaction score
Back when I was just a lad my uncle had a mix tape of late 60's (and potentially very early 70's) music. Lots of great stuff on it - Hendrix, Buffalo Springfield, The Strawbs and so on.

However there was one song that I simply never knew the title. It is a great, fairly long alt rock song with a chorus repeating the word 'celebration' but as a long drawn out phrase - 'cellllll - ahhhhhh - braaaaaaa - tion' repeated over and over sung by a multi-voice chorus.

Logically I would have thought the song would be called Celebration but if it is, I haven't had any luck finding it.

It was not Celebration by Kool & The Gang.

Any help on identifying this song would be greatly appreciated.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Sounds like it could be Rare Earth..the version I'm posting here is a radio edit, there are longer versions of the song. :grinthumb

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Sounds like it could be Rare Earth..the version I'm posting here is a radio edit, there are longer versions of the song. :grinthumb

That's what I was thinking too Phil, but he said they sing 'celebration' and Rare Earth sings 'celebrate'. Maybe you're right though.

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
Here is another one, but it too says "Celebrate."

Earth, Wind And Fire - Celebrate

ottacat

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies so far but neither of these two are the one. The chorus is definitely "celebration". I wish I could remember even some of the verse lyrics but my memory is too dim.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online