Help finding mellow rock song

steve_jd

Reaction score
Hi all, first time poster, hoping you can help me. Unfortunately I am in the middle of arranging a funeral and I need to pick some songs. I heard what I think may be a fitting song on the radio but was driving and couldn't shazam it.

Clues (sorry they are so limited, i only caught the last few moments of the song)
- It was a male singer, pretty sure it was acoustic guitar.
- The chorus had the closing line "you know that man is me" or "that man is me", or very similar.
- It was similar in style and tempo to the Johnny Cash cover of Hurt, but with a happier yet wistful, nostalgic feel.
- I can't be certain and I don't want to send people down the wrong path but i get the impression it is a fairly old song, probably from the 50's-70's in America

I have tried googling for a few days now but am making no progress and keep getting the Johnny Reid song That Man is Me, which isn't the song I am looking for...

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

pkelly

Reaction score
Hi Steve. Don't Know if this helps given that it's nearly 6 months since You Posted, But could the song You're looking for be 'If you could read my mind' by Gordon Lightfoot?

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online