Helloween (Official Thread)

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
I've always like this band, but never got 'round to collecting their albums.

I had no idea they were so strange. Shades of Spinal Tap.

Helloween-Heavy Metal Hamsters

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
@Ar-Pharazon

That whole album is strange. But I think it's cool and shows their creativity when they experimented, and with some humor, too.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
@Ar-Pharazon

That whole album is strange. But I think it's cool and shows their creativity when they experimented, and with some humor, too.

It definitely felt very strange when it came out and a lot of fans obviously didn't like it. Still, "Pink Bubbles Go Ape" has some superb tracks on it and so does the follow-up "Chameleon" which was equally disliked by a lot of fans.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It definitely felt very strange when it came out and a lot of fans obviously didn't like it. Still, "Pink Bubbles Go Ape" has some superb tracks on it and so does the follow-up "Chameleon" which was equally disliked by a lot of fans.

My first encounter with Helloween was Master of the Rings, at LG's suggestion because he felt that album was a "mellow" album. I liked it, then went for the covers album, Metal Jukebox, next. Then I tackled Keeper of the Seven Keys 1 & 2. Which I feel is their best work. I truly like Kiske for vocalist, but since the first album I listened to was Deris vocals, I'm ok with either one fronting the band.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score

My first encounter with Helloween was Master of the Rings, at LG's suggestion because he felt that album was a "mellow" album. I liked it, then went for the covers album, Metal Jukebox, next. Then I tackled Keeper of the Seven Keys 1 & 2. Which I feel is their best work. I truly like Kiske for vocalist, but since the first album I listened to was Deris vocals, I'm ok with either one fronting the band.

as I said I`ve only gotten the keeper of the seven keys 1&2, ep, walls of Jericho which I absolutely love. I just couldn't get into pink bubbles go ape at all so I lost track of the band so I`ll see if some other of Helloween album are like...

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

The Keeper albums I think were what got me onto them. Pair of classics in the power metal category. But Walls of Jericho is a favourite too.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I just couldn't get into pink bubbles go ape at all so I lost track of the band so I`ll see if some other of Helloween album are like...

Don't worry about it. As mentioned before, many people couldn't get into "Pink Bubbles Go Ape" or "Chameleon" (the last two albums with Michael Kiske)! However, although getting a new singer was a shock for many at the time, the band continued to release top-notch power metal and I still consider them one of the kings in the genre. I'd definitely recommend that you check out some, if not all, of their releases with Andi. As I've mentioned earlier in this thread, my favourite album with Deris is "The Time of the Oath", so that's my recommendation for a place to start.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
Don't worry about it. As mentioned before, many people couldn't get into "Pink Bubbles Go Ape" or "Chameleon" (the last two albums with Michael Kiske)! However, although getting a new singer was a shock for many at the time, the band continued to release top-notch power metal and I still consider them one of the kings in the genre. I'd definitely recommend that you check out some, if not all, of their releases with Andi. As I've mentioned earlier in this thread, my favourite album with Deris is "The Time of the Oath", so that's my recommendation for a place to start.

I`ll check it out dude...
" The Time Of The Oath " :bow::bow:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Electric Eye cover

Really good cover.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads