Helloween (Official Thread)

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
^^I wished I could get their early albums on vinyl Stepcousin, the only one I've ever seen is "Walls of Jericho".

As far as the studio albums goes, they are not that hard to find on vinyl. I constantly see them in second hand stores. Singles and EPs are a bit harder to find, but not impossible. You can find most of it on Ebay as well.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
As far as the studio albums goes, they are not that hard to find on vinyl. I constantly see them in second hand stores. Singles and EPs are a bit harder to find, but not impossible. You can find most of it on Ebay as well.

yeah, I was just searching online for more of their LP's and I saw the S/T EP for $17.99. They're out there, but it'll cost ya. Pretty much any Noise Records LP release from the 80's will usually cost you an arm and a leg. I wish I wouldda loaded up on LP's back then.

By the way, where do you live that you constantly see these albums in second hands stores? Dang, all I ever see is crap. I would love to find a motherlode of METAL! :rock:

Last edited:

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I currently live in Austria (born and raised in Denmark though). There are many great second hand stores here with a really good selection of metal on vinyl. Also a friend of mine runs a second hand storage (only open Thursday nights). He buys from all over the world and 95% of his stuff is metal (other than that it's classic rock, southern rock, blues rock etc).

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Thanks for the encouraging comments guys, but when it comes to buying 2nd hand/used vinyl I want to take the record out of the sleeve first and look it over before buying it. I've been burned a few times buying used online. Some people go to thrift shops buy albums from the $1 bins and then sell them for 10 times the money...one Russian gangster in Ontario got me for $100 and only 2 of the albums I ordered from him are worth listening to, the others are in terrible shape.

I can get a copy of "Walls of Jericho", it's available new although it's not cheap.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
when it comes to buying 2nd hand/used vinyl I want to take the record out of the sleeve first and look it over before buying it. I've been burned a few times buying used online.

Yeah, I prefer to be able to have a look at it before buying it as well, but I've done a couple of "desperate" buys on Ebay in the past and I've been lucky so far. It's all been good.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Yeah, I prefer to be able to have a look at it before buying it as well, but I've done a couple of "desperate" buys on Ebay in the past and I've been lucky so far. It's all been good.

I've had good luck buying used vinyl on ebay myself, but as it turned out a few months later a friend of mine(now he's my friend) who runs a flea market record/music shop on weekends could have got them for me for less money. He's been a godsend, his connections are worldwide and he can eventually get just about anything you want and good quality too. He guarantees it.:D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Helloween Signs With Nuclear Blast, Working On New Album

Helloween Signs With Nuclear Blast - in Metal News ( Metal Underground.com )

Germany's Helloween, founded in 1984, celebrates its 30th anniversary this year.

The band's latest studio album "Straight Out Of Hell," charted at a sensational #4, the band's highest German chart entry to date, holding this position for five weeks. Additionally Helloween made another five top ten entries in Europe and also cracked the U.S. Billboard Charts.

Now Helloween returns to its old label home Nuclear Blast, where the band previously released two albums - "The Dark Ride" (2000) and "Rabbit Don’t Come Easy" (2003) - both of which have just been re-issued with extended bonus material.

Nuclear Blast label owner Markus Staiger comments: “We are more than proud, that Helloween is part of the Nuclear Blast family again. All those years we had a friendship-like connection and ways crossed on a regular basis at concerts and festivals. Helloween to us is a matter of the heart, there’s not only the two records to mention, but an act that influenced me and many of our employees. Together there are big plans and we are looking forward to having another productive and successful cooperation.”

The band itself is equally celebratory. Vocalist Andi Deris states: “As a label, Nuclear Blast is 'Heavy Metal to the bone,' and we are really looking forward to working together with a lot of familiar faces.”

Helloween is currently busy working on the successor to "Straight Out Of Hell." Catch the band live on these dates:

24.05. S Örebro S - Metallsvenskan
27.06. SLO Pie¹»any - Topfest
29.06. BG Kavarna - Kavarna Rock 2014
11.07. D Osterode/Ballenstedt - Rock Harz Festival
12.07. CZ Vizovice - Masters Of Rock
19.07. FIN Uusikaupunki - Karjurock

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
That's good news, I hope Nuclear Blast manages to keep going in the ever changing world of music distribution.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nuclear Blast are awesome. Have some of the best metal bands on there.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online