Helloween (Official Thread)

Malikarcanum

A Child in Time
Reaction score
Just listened to this, it's really killer.

As they've gone on, these guys have gotten ****ing fantastic at seamlessly fusing old school epic style sections with crushingly heavy ones, like they do all over World Of War. That song was like someone mashed together a Keepers track & on off Dark Ride. I shat.

Speaking of Keepers, they really have re-discovered that sound & combined it with that unique flavor the Deris-era material's always had, to badass effect.

Hold Me was weak & almost killed the momentum, but the title track brought it back in a big way, & it killed straight through 'til the end.

This is a serious contender with Raw & Dark Ride for their best. One of those microcosm albums only a band with as prolific a back-catalogue as these guys have can do. Might be a little early to say, but this might be my new recommendation to newcomers for that very reason. What an album.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
ANDI DERIS Talks To RockNLive.org About BAD BANKERS Project

Don't Listen To The Radio Audio Stream

p182rjq8pcc667ik17er1d1j4dk5.png

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
listening to the S/T EP on vinyl right now. probably my favorite album by them. I don't know why. Every Helloween album from the 80's is better than this one in about 10 different ways, and yet this one is my favorite. Maybe that means I'm kind of an old school metal kinda guy.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I wished I could get their early albums on vinyl Stepcousin, the only one I've ever seen is "Walls of Jericho".

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka