Hello! Greetings from the Moonbase.

Max Mooney

Reaction score
hey, here's what the vip lounge in the moonbase could look like:

tumblr_nrlyb41dW31u1tuiwo1_1280.jpg

I'd be more than okay with this! The more kitschy the better. I've seen some awesome ideas on Facebook. I should get my hair like that. I've had something kind of close.

Kui

Hey look, it's Freiza!
Reaction score
thanks, it's kind of weird retro futurism, to see what they got right and what they got wrong. I saw one thing saying apple ripped off a lot of Braum product design from the 50s:

design-apple-braun.jpg

Max Mooney

Reaction score
Right! A lot of views of the future in the Mid-Century were interesting. Interesting enough to create the Fallout video game series I suppose. It's all in good fun. At the very least people were trying to express themselves. Maybe too hard. Who knows? I just like that it was happening. It still happens. But it feels subdued.
I don't doubt that about Apple. Watch the episode of Everything Is A Remix about the iPhone and they took a lot of concepts from the past and incorporated it into the original iOS opperating system. Very fascinating. Some of designs of tech from the era still look great. It's just that a lot of them serve little use. Like the radios. I love radios. But I barely listen to the radio anymore. I do have a 70's Panasonic radio / tape deck combo that basically looks brand new after I buffed the scratches out of it. The lamps behind the tuner still work. I couldn't believe it. That's rare.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online