Hello! Greetings from the Moonbase.

Max Mooney

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Max Mooney. I'm 26 years old. I've lived in New Jersey all of my life. Growing up with my grandma, hearing oldies radio, being at car shows and drag races, being exposed 1950's and 1960's Rock & Roll daily was a normal part of my life for the majority of my time on Earth. I didn't care much for it until I got my fill of all of the trends I had experimented with before the age of 14. And at the age of 14 is when it really hit me and I've never looked back since. I started collecting records around that time too and within a few years I heard Little Steven's Underground Garage, listened to the entirety of the Nuggets series...and found my purpose. Hearing every last Rock & Roll recording of the Mid Century. I'll probably never accomplish such an astronomical feat but I've definitely tried and continue to! I also love film, fashion and decor of the time as well but with the stuff aging quicker every day it can get kind of pricy. More on the furniture end than anything else I suppose but that's okay. The Atomic Spage Age inspired pad will have to wait I suppose. I've always had a passion for radio as well and have experimented with several different podcasts over at GaragePunk.com as well as my own projects wherever I felt like doing them. Right now, I suppose I'm attempting to draw attention to myself through mixes called Max Stacks on Youtube that just sees me curating obscure Rock & Roll of the period without me in the equation. At least for now. The idea is to get eyes on me first and see where it goes. I suck at marketing though so we'll have to see. I'd idealy like to start DJing at functions I suppose but the desire for the type of Rock & Roll I love isn't so common in New Jersey unfortunately. I don't just like the Obscuro stuff though. I still have a love for the tunes that served as my Gateway Drug. I just love hearing stuff I haven't heard. I think everybody here feels that way from what I've read so far. Besides music, I also have a Pro Wrestling and Video Game obsession. Both new and old in both areas.

Anyway. I hate talking about myself. But it's a pleasure to be here and I look forward to chatting with you all. Let's get nuts and rrreal long gone! Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
I damn near banned you for that YouTube link but seeing you're one of Sooty's buddies, I'm glad I thought better of it. :oyea: Basically, the great intro saved your ass! :oyea:

On a serious note. Welcome. Hope you'll enjoy this place.

Max Mooney

Reaction score
I damn near banned you for that YouTube link but seeing you're one of Sooty's buddies, I'm glad I thought better of it. :oyea: Basically, the great intro saved your ass! :oyea:

On a serious note. Welcome. Hope you'll enjoy this place.

Yeah! My bad. It's been a while since I've been on a message board and I know that's usually how the rules are. I just needed a refresher haha. I ain't here to advertize or sell anything I promise hahaha.

Thanks for sparing me, man. I'll enjoy it I'm sure.

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
Great intro dude. Nice to see younger generation enjoying the good ol' stuff. Hope to see you on the forum :cheers

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
:wtocg:

I'm Miss Magic.......the witch of the group

:witch:

Great intro...........looking forward to chatting with you about music!

Speed King

Rockin to the East & West
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, like Miss Magic said, we're a crazy group, and I would add eclectic to that description, sounds like you'll fit in just fine!

Also,...Miss Magic might be a witch, but she's a good witch, like Glenda, the good witch of the east!

6a00d83451cd3169e20120a50d9492970b-500wi.jpg

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online