Not open for further replies.

Reaction score
Re: Any Fans of Heart?

I love their guitar tones, but hate everything else

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score

Dreamboat Annie, and Dogs and Butterflies were good.
They do great Zeppelin covers.

getoffmycloud

Reaction score

1.barracuda
2.crazy on you
3.magic man
4.these dreams
5.heartless
6.alone
7.never
8.what about love
9.straight on
10.stranded
11.what about love
12.who will you run to
13.there's the girl
14.all i wanna do is make love to you
Everybody has to like heart,to many great songs not to.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

No love for Annie and Nancy?

They started out as a Led Zeppelin cover band so no surprise they pull off some great performances of those old songs.

Dreamboat Annie and Little Queen are my two favorite albums, and I like their greatest hits compilation for all the other really top notch songs they did.

rtbuck

Reaction score

Heart is phenominal.I totally agree with Mr.Shadow on them doing great covers of Zeppelin.
I was a sophmore in HS & really starting to get into the Hard Rock scene in the late 70's I was waiting my school bus & a Trans-Am approached the stop sign where I was standing & out blared "Magic Man".It just sounded so cool coming out of a car Stereo.At that point I couldn't wait until I got my Liscence & a car so I could do the same.

I always like mixing "How Can I Refuse" with Judas Priests "You Got Another thing Coming" & Foreigner's "Hot Blooded".

I think my favorite tune by them is probably "Bebe Le Strange"

runtfan

Reaction score

They started out as a Led Zeppelin cover band so no surprise they pull off some great performances of those old songs.

Heart didn't start out as a Zeppelin cover band - they were just a cover band led by the Fisher brothers (Mike and Roger) and including Steve Fossen on bass. Of course once Ann Wilson, also a huge Zeppelin fan joined Heart they were able to do credible versions of Zeppelin, along with alot of other stuff that required powerful, high vocals ( they also at one time covered "Roundabout" by Yes).
A year or so after Ann Joined the band, little sister Nancy dropped out of college and joined the band too. For a while the Fisher brothers were dating the Wilson sisters (Ann with Mike, Nancy with Roger). Mike Fisher is the "Magic Man" made famous in the song.
For a while in the early 70's Heart was based out of Vancouver, B.C. because Mike Fisher was dodging the Vietnam draft.
Mike Fisher left the band before they started writing and recording "Dreamboat Annie" and guitarist Howard Leese and drummer Michael Derosier joined as the recording began (Michael Derosier doesn't play on all the songs on the Dreamboat Annie album).

symph

Wham bam boom man!
Reaction score

Heart is amazing! I love that chick's VOICE. And it always cracks me up when she's like "Try to understand, he's a magic man mama!" LOL

runtfan

Reaction score

Yeah, I'd say I'm a pretty huge Heart fan...I started and play bass for a Heart tribute band in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. So I've been a fan from the very beginning but have been pretty immersed in Heart's music for the last couple of years.
Heart's definitely one of my all time favorite bands and certainly one of the best guitar bands ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.