Heart ~ Ann and Nancy Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Any Fans of Heart?

I disagree somewhat Runtfan, Heart played at my brothers graduation in 1974, and most of their songs were Led Zeppelin covers...they had a few of their own of course but that is not what kept them popular. And this was before they got signed by Mushroom records in Vancouver, and we all know what happened after that.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score

I have their Dreamboat Annie album, but I hardly think that qualifies me as a Fan of Heart! :D

You sure that wasn't Led Zeppelin themselves playing at your Brothers Grad LG?! :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Positive CP/M, it is one of the things none of us have ever forgotten...they became huge a couple of years later...:grinthumb

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
New HEART Album : August 31st!!!

hku28.jpg

Legacy Recordings has announced the release of Red Velvet Car, the first new studio album in six years from the groundbreaking Seattle-based band HEART, available everywhere on Tuesday, August 31st.

For their first new album since 2004's Jupiter's Darling, the first ladies of arena rock took an acoustic approach to a collection of songs inspired by the world around them, arranged for an assortment of strings including guitar, mandolin, dobro, banjo, fiddle, viola, cello and autoharp, all played by Nancy Wilson and the album's producer, Grammy winner Ben Mink.

Nine of the album's songs were written for, and appear for the first time on Red Velvet Car. The album's closer, 'Sand', is a newly recorded version of a song originally written and recorded by the LOVEMONGERS, Ann and Nancy's 1990's acoustic side project.

Tracks on Red Velvet Car include:

'Death Valley'
'Safronia's Mark'
'Red Velvet Car'
'Queen City'
'Sunflower'
'Wheels'
'There You Go'
'WTF'
'Hey You'
'Sand'

"It feels good to have Sony Music holding our new baby. It's sort of like coming home, since we worked with them on Little Queen, Dog And Butterfly, Bebe le Strange, Private Audition and Passionworks, among others," said Ann Wilson. "We're excited about taking it on the road. A fresh sound with all the original Heart magic."

"This album feels so right for the times," said Nancy Wilson. "We can't wait to share this one with the world!"

Heart will be performing songs from Red Velvet Car, as well as classics from the band's repertoire, at selected Lilith Fair dates and in headline concerts across the US and Canada from July through September.

Ann Wilson and her younger sister, Nancy Wilson, first showed the world that women can rock when their band Heart stormed the charts in the '70s with hits like 'Crazy on You', 'Magic Man', 'Barracuda', ‘Straight On', 'Even It Up', 'Kick It Out' and so many more. Not only did the Wilson sisters lead the band, they wrote the songs, and played the instruments too, making them the first women in rock to do so.

Heart continued topping the charts through the ‘80s and into the ‘90s with huge hits like 'These Dreams', 'Alone', 'What About Love', 'If Looks Could Kill', 'Never', and a string of other hits that showcased the sisters’ enormous talents as both musicians and singers.

Along the way, Heart sold more than 30 million records, had 21 top 40 hits, sold out arenas worldwide, and had a profound influence on rock music.

Bravewords.com > News > HEART - Red Velvet Car Album Details Revealed

qJr7R.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: New HEART Album : August 31st!!!

^^Sounds great to me Groovy, I have always been a big fan of Heart they are true Legends in rock music.

runtfan

Reaction score
Re: New HEART Album : August 31st!!!

Yeah, can't wait for this. I'll be seeing Heart on 8/23 at the Dallas House of Blues. Incidentally, both of the tribute bands I'm in ( Zeppelin and Heart) are playing at the HoB two days earlier on 8/21.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Members online