Heart - a hair band?

Was Heart fundamentally a hair band?

• Total voters

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Ok so it seems like everything I'm saying pretty much is getting deflected off a "it doesn't sound like the blues" barrier.

Deflection? Music is exactly about how things sound.

Cosmic Harmony said:
It could be a lack of understanding in just what makes the blues the blues (it's the notes in the scale in case you missed that), it could be bias, or it could be other reasons I am sure.

Guess what? If anyone has/had a full understanding of the blues, it was the old bluesmasters from Willie Dixon to Muddy Waters to Howlin' Wolf to B.B. King. If you asked any one of them to explain/define the blues, let me solemnly assure you that their answer would not revolve around the minor pentatonic scale. In fact, I doubt that they'd even mention it.

:drums:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Heart were a really great band in the 70's and then drifting into a commercial
hard rock radio sound that I am not fond of at all.
In answer to the question I would say NO. Commercial hard rock ? Yes , hair metal ? No.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Heart was never ever a "hair band". Seriously, putting this dumbass thread in the metal section just shows two of two things (or perhaps both):

1) you are the troll some say you are
2) you have zero clue about anything in music past about 1971

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Foxhound sure as heck ruffles feathers, including my own on many occasions, but this is a music discussion board and I come here to discuss music... and Foxhound has made some damn fine discussion topics. If we all agreed about stuff then this would be the most boring website on Earth, all we'd have is OPs and a bunch of posts saying "yep."

While I've had my moments of wanting to boot Foxhound in the butt, too, he's CRF's Socrates if you really think about it. I daresay he doesn't even believe some of the things he posits, but he identifies contentious gaps and forces us to defend concepts we would otherwise never need to think twice about.

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Lynch said:
Seriously, putting this dumbass thread in the metal section just shows two of two things (or perhaps both):

1) you are the troll some say you are

Anybody who says I'm a troll is either:

1. Dumb as a stone.

2. Has his own axe to grind - most probably with respect to music I regard as "more recent".

518839-003_large.jpg

Lynch said:
2) you have zero clue about anything in music past about 1971

An outright lie. I have several record albums from 1972. Why I may even have one or two from 1973!

:D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
:lmao:

I am definitely sending Foxhound some CD's from the 80's! Time for you to update, Fox :)

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
...he's CRF's Socrates if you really think about it.

Unfortunately Socrates' was required to drink hemlock by his fellow citizens for his nasty habit of questioning conventional wisdom. That's why I'd rather emulate Pythagoras and those angles of his.

:D

Last edited:

MusicMistress

Reaction score
Not to be a witch or anything, but Pythagoras never wrote anything and none of his philosophies were ever written. He is most famous for his expertise on the fate of the soul after death, and he believed he could be in two places at the same time. If you are modeling yourself after Pythagoras, then you are a very dark person...........much like myself!

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
It's actually the work Pythagoras did in the field of mathematics/geometry that most impresses me. What is completely astonishing is that he must first have observed that the square of the hypotenuse of a right angled triangle appeared to be equal to the sum of the squares of the other two sides before he set out to prove it! Now how did that occur to him in the first place?

:dunno:

Zombeels

Reaction score
70's Heart... not hair band
80's Heart ... hair band

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online