Heart - a hair band?

Was Heart fundamentally a hair band?

• Total voters

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I voted No.

I love Heart, and early in their career they were simply a groundbreaking Hard Rock band fronted by two supremely talented ladies. If people think they changed later on fine, the Heart I love is a unique band that I will always respect and enjoy their music.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
ok...who voted yes?
:heheh:

I voted NO :D :grinthumb

Your right Heart started out as a true hard rock band in the 70's
in the 80's they fell victim to the visual whoring for Mtv ...

I liked some of their 80's stuff but overall , their 70's stuff was kick-butt rock !

Mtv killed many images...:mad

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score
No, not in their heyday. But heart was a victim of the overproduced 80's "album rock, pop" sound that defined 80's music. Some of it is ok in small doses but most of it is forgettable.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
NO....Heart is a female fronted rock band. If you cross reference Hair/Glam with AOR, they all fit that definition. AOR became a term in the 80's, and most bands were doing the "hair pouff" during that time, whether they were a glam/hair band or not.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Nope.. Big hair was all during the 80's.. Once again.. It was a producers idea to try to fit in to what was popular..
Did any one here tease their hair during the 80's? Did you highlite your hair..Did you hemp your hair... did you perm your hair.. Did you grow it long? Well.. You lived the rock star life of the 80's..
If you didn't.. You were not in your 20's..:tongue:

taha

Reaction score
tho they had a lot of hair they were far from a hair band and not a metal band, but a hell of a good'ol rock band

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online