Happy Birthday Big Ears!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That's the way we were trained, and then before you know it you were looking at the text you were typing but not at the keyboard. Speed comes later, accuracy is more important.

Squidbilly

Tunes from the shed
Reaction score
I have to do the hunt&peck with 1 finger,2 Fingers if I need to Capitolize a letter,Getting better at it though.
Happy Birthday Big Ears:grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I have some sympathy for you Squidbilly, but also respect a few of our best members are in the same boat as yourself, they peck away and manage to get their thoughts across eventually.:grinthumb

However if anyone took a month or two and applied themselves to the task of becoming comfortable on the keyboard it's rather easy, a matter of memory and repetition and you are set for life.

Speech recognition seemed like a credible alternative years ago but it never seemed to catch on. And even if it did you would still be editing what you said to get it right anyway. My brother was messing around with it back in the early 90's but it was primitive.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Thanks Squidbilly. I wuld settle for hunt and peck on capitals, punctuation and numbers, if I could remember everything else.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Happy belated Birthday Big Ears! Sorry I missed it.

For the record...I never learned typing in school, but my mom was a receptionist. One thing she did teach me in those regards...Home Row. Like anything else, it get's easier with repetition.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
The secret ingredient for staying young?

Laugh every day.

Happy B-day, mi amigos.

11321207116_3dd87ee2b8.jpg

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I'm a two finger and one thumb (for space bar) typer, that's probably why it took me so long to wish you a Happy Birthday ;)

Happy belated wishes to you Martin!

2mgusud.jpg

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Thanks Phil, Vehicle and Tray. I'm on the bottom row now, it's really difficult.

Novelist Anthony Powell said, "Growing old is like being increasingly penalized for a crime you have not committed." I had to laugh at that (he's 94).

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Members online

No members online now.