LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Congratulations on surviving another orbit Martin.:gig

:firew:

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Thank you everyone (with particular mention to Connie), I've only just noticed this thread and stumbled on it accidentally as I've been a bit busy recently. I am also trying to teach myself to touch type and have been avoiding all the forums as much as possible! I have tried to teach myself to touch type since the days of typewriters and given up every time. It is incredibly difficult and this time I have been making myself practise a little every day, so far with very limited success. My theory is that if I keep doing a little every day, something has got to stick.

In truth, I have hardly contributed to the 'announcements' threads at all over the last year or so, because I am never sure how to handle them.

Saints are eighth in the Premier League, Lou, which is not bad after a creditable draw against Man City at St. Mary's.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I'm really glad I took typing back in grade 8-10, a keyboard feels natural to me but only the QWERTY style I have given up trying DVORAK layouts.:nw:

Good luck with that Martin, if you stick with it long enough it will become second nature to you.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I did typing at school, Bruce, but reverted to bad habits. I intend to keep going this time (with qwerty)!

I am using online schemes, mainly Type Online. I tried to borrow books from the library, but they did not have any without a reservation. This is possibly because people borrow them and keep renewing them. I might reserve a copy in the new year. It would be a good new year's resolution.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^The exercise books we used in school were boring but the repetitive strokes burned themselves into the brain, I can close my eyes and type out any word without an effort on my imaginary keyboard.

Simply a matter of dedication, old dogs like us can still learn the odd new thing.:cheers:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online