Reaction score
Re: Hammerfall

Good musicians too!

Ever see Magnus slap the bass?? One of the BEST! :eek:

noodles

Short, Bald, Metal
Reaction score

How are you gonna post that much about a band without mentioning that they're on tour right now? We're playing with them next month when they come through Virginia, I'm really looking forward to it. They pretty much slay every time.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

HammerFall's latest studio album titled No Sacrifice, No Victory was released in the UK on 23 February 2009.

The Album peaked at #38 on the Billboard heatseakers charts

HammerFall+2008a.jpg

f3a6c060ada05badd4940210.L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

They have the curling version on their new DVD! Funny as hell! When they were asked to do the olympics or that a team wanted them they thought it was something heavy....football...hockey...whatever.

They found out it was a curling team...:heheh:

I think they said something like oh well at least it's an Ice Sport

Pixel

The Woolly One
Reaction score

I absolutely love Hammerfall, the only albums I have so far are Renegade and Chapter V: Unbent, Unbowed, Unbroken, but have added the rest to the list of band discographies I want downloading.

Most people I have discussed this band with think they are really cheesy; I don't know if I agree, but who cares? :D Then again, the best quote I have ever heard went something along the lines of, 'If you don't develop lactose intolerance from power metal alone, then it's not cheesy enough' :heheh:

I'll have to dig out those Hammerfall CDs and listen to them tomorrow now, I haven't actually listened to them in quite a while :(

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I've read numerous discussions in "Serious" metalhead forums that say the same thing. They are mostly "Death & Black" metal fans and give no respect to most power metal bands at all.

Are some of them cheesy? No doubt about it, and you know something I don't care if they are.:D I would rather play my heavy/power/prog metal albums any day of the week over the dark and gloomy material of the other genres, and that is never going to change either.:cheers2

Pixel

The Woolly One
Reaction score

^^I've read numerous discussions in "Serious" metalhead forums that say the same thing. They are mostly "Death & Black" metal fans and give no respect to most power metal bands at all.

This is really sad, especially if any of these people are just not prepared to at least give it a try. If someone bashes the music I like after having listened to some of it, I will respect them. But if someone bashes my music without ever having tried it, I can't respect them at all. I despise both drum 'n' bass and techno with a fierce passion, but only developed my opinion after having heard loads of it in order to know for definite that it's not for me.

However, I do know a few people who love both black metal and power metal in equal measures, and don't care if the latter is cheesy. Shit, some people like it BECAUSE they find it cheesy! :heheh: There is no rule that says you must only like one extreme or the other. A lot of extreme metal bands are considered 'watered down' or 'sellouts' and admitting on a public forum that you like such a band can get you flamed. But why bother? They should just like what they like, and let everyone else do the same :)

Haha, sorry that wandered off the point a bit :blush:

Fever

Reaction score

I came across Hammerfall a few years ago and really like the music.I just have never bought any of it.I wish I had more money:grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Craqdi

Staff online

Members online