Guitar Hero................ Move Over

JuddBonus

Reaction score
Anybody check out the newest and should be hottest entry to the music/video gaming format..? I stumbled across at the same time I was updating my iPod artwork, not only did I cross this site but something called Power Gig: Rise of the Six String.. Gotta check it out a "REAL" 6 strings.. Not only is it a wireless to the game but you can actually hook it up to your real amps.. theres all sorts of videos..

I was watching the expert videos and I cant seem to remember if that IS the right way to play that song... I guess I never sat down and follow it with my own guitar..

Now......... this would be one hell of a teaching tool for every level in learning scales, music theory...... etc and/or for the beginners whos just starting out..

I cant get over that episode of South Park, episode Guitar *****-O (Season 11, Episode 13).. Randy is impressed that the kids enjoy music from his generation, and attempts to impress them by playing "Carry On Wayward Son" on a real guitar. The kids are not impressed, and Cartman says that "real guitars are for old people."

Well I guess the tables turned cause its now a REAL guitar.. I love to see IRL, and see what it can do. But do I really want to know the price of this system.. any guesses... say like 350 - 400$.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Halleluiah!!!! Just the concept of teaching a kid to play a fake guitar had me barfing.. I mean sure it's fun for real little kids.. But IMO it was just another lazy way of doing air guitar.. I always thought.. Play a real one if you want to impress someone..I had nightmares thinking down the road there would be guitar hero concerts and real instruments would become obsolete..
The same thing has happened to old skool turntable mixing.. Now you don't even use vinyls.. It just preprogrammed into a unit that does all the pitch work and sinqs the BPM.. BAH!! Try mixing two songs the old fashion way if you want to be a real pro..
Glad to see the tables have turned..:grinthumb

JuddBonus

Reaction score
HERES that ad that put me onto Power Gig:

and all I can say is........

YEAH....... BURN BABY BURN!!! :oy:

sorry.. mind went to the Bahamas for a minute :bonk:

Heres the video..

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
HERES that ad that put me onto Power Gig:

and all I can say is........

YEAH....... BURN BABY BURN!!! :oy:

sorry.. mind went to the Bahamas for a minute :bonk:

Heres the video..

:oyea: :grinthumb Glad to see someone else thought the whole fake thing was silly..

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrazyLionEye

Staff online

Members online