Greatest Rock Band Of The World

rockmaster

Reaction score
Do you think it could ever happen? If so what would it sound like? Think positive don't just say "crap" or any flaming reply like that. If these masters got together and really rocked hard it would be pretty cool. Maybe four songs with one each written by each member then another 4 collaborated songs? What is my criteria for choosing them? Well first of all they all survived the 70's and are here today. They all still have tons of energy and spirit. Most important for vintage rockers they don't just stand there and play, they still enjoy the stage and putting on a good show. I think a studio album would be cool too.

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg96/greatestband/world_greatest_rock_band.jpg

Orion

I'm A Member
Reaction score
I don't know Plant fits in with the rest of the styles here plus his voice is sounding not so hot anymore. Ted and Alex are okay and Alex is actually IMHO the best of the lot here but still not the worlds greatest. Gene Simmons.....well I guess he is a rockin' bass player but not anything special. It may be fun to see these guys together but .....hoo nose.

Here was a fun thread from a year or so ago:

http://www.classicrockforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1358

Zombeels

Reaction score
I can't stand Alex's drumming. He's one of Rock's worst drummers. Ted is an amazing guitarist. Although one dimensional. Too bad he can't keep his mouth shut about his politics. I think Robert's best days are far behind him. Gene is all show and no substance (or talent)

Orion

I'm A Member
Reaction score
I can't stand Alex's drumming. He's one of Rock's worst drummers. Ted is an amazing guitarist. Although one dimensional. Too bad he can't keep his mouth shut about his politics. I think Robert's best days are far behind him. Gene is all show and no substance (or talent)

WOW!!

Tell it like it is man! :D

So who would be your worlds greatest?

This is what I put in the other thread:

Vinnie Colaiuta drums
Les Claypool bass
Jeff Beck guitar
Ian Anderson vocals
Keith Emerson keys
If needed Steve Morse Guitar #2

By the by, All still alive last I checked :D

Last edited:

cigarandyak

Reaction score
i think the worlds greatest already played together as the dirty mac...john lennon, eric clapton, keith richards and mitch mitchell.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online