Greatest Hits and Best Ofs: Where does it end?

Mr. T

Reaction score
No band was ever more honest about reality than when Dream Theater released Greatest Hit (...And 21 Other Pretty Cool Songs). Truth in advertising at it's finest.

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score
We don't have any Wally Worlds around here. IN fact, if it wasn't for this site, I woudln't even know what they are. :heheh: But yeah, it doesn't matter what the name of the store is, if it's a chain store, chances are they have a SHIT selection unless you are into "best ofs"

You don't have any Wally Worlds close to you? Wow! There's practically a Wally World on every corner on my side of town.

Oh god I couldn't agree more as far as shitty selections from a chain store! The last time I checked out the music selection at Best Buy, I wanted to cry. Is it just me or was there a time when retail music stores used to have a bigger selection of artists to choose from along with an assortment of albums?

I've been having to rely on Amazon for my music purchases recently because my local Best Buy doesn't carry the artist and or album I'm looking for. I guess I should consider it a blessing, granted I have to wait for my purchase but it's inexpensive. I mean why pay $14 on a CD in the store when I go on Amazon for a bigger selection of brand new CDs for $6? So I guess it's a wash out.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Ok, well then we have Wallys all over the place. We have other names for it around here and none of it rhymes with wally or world.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I buy the odd cd in a store, but I pretty much use ebay and itunes exclusively now. The selection is great and you can't beat the prices.

i-tunes = crap to me.

Ebay, bought quite a few CD's years ago, but did get taken by a shyster in Phoenix, sent me a rare CD that was obviously a transcode, worst sounding CD I've ever listened to. Thing is you can't really win with the ebay rating system, I was trying to get my ratings up and if I'd given him a negative one it would have cost me more than him. That was the last CD I bought from ebay.

I use the online stores most of the time now, the CD's are Cheaper than i-tunes downloads, and if you order 5+ at a time the shipping isn't that bad, and my favorite stores are in California and Germany.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sick of bands releasing greatest of albums, just do 2 cds worth and stop from there ffs. Aerosmith is notoriously bad for this.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Amazon > eBay.

I'm telling ya. :D

Amazon is good, I've used them a few times, but for a lot of European stuff I have to go overseas for the best selection, and my store in California is really good as well, better prices than Amazon and a good selection.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tnfkdg

Members online