Grateful Dead (Official Thread)

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Re: Grateful Dead

LG, I'd highly recommend the debut album. It has that classic mid 60's sounds. I've known people who aren't big time into the Dead, who like this album very much. I usually don't recommend too many ''studio'' Grateful Dead albums, but I recommend this one. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

:cheers2

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Thanks, it seems to be a unanimous opinion that the Dead were at their best live, I'll pick up the debut and post my thoughts after giving it a couple listens.

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

I used to play this album all the time when I lived in bedsit land and light a boat load of Joss sticks to disguise other exotic fragrances.

I DIG GOOD MORNING LITTLE SCHOOOLGIRL DEAD STYLE :):):bow::bow:

Reaction score

Thanks, it seems to be a unanimous opinion that the Dead were at their best live, I'll pick up the debut and post my thoughts after giving it a couple listens.

I don't like there earlier studio albums much at all.. too psychedelic for me.. I can only take so much psych:heheh:

I like Workingman's Dead and Shakedown Street a lot though:grinthumb

Bryter Later

Reaction score

:grinthumb It will be interesting to read your thoughts L.G on this great album. I always recommend the classic 'Live/Dead' when asked which album to obtain by the Dead.

:cheers2 Bryter.

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

"ONCE A DEADHEAD ALWAYS A DEADHEAD":):):):)

newbrainweb.jpg

By blackglove at 2010-12-20

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score

:grinthumb It will be interesting to read your thoughts L.G on this great album. I always recommend the classic 'Live/Dead' when asked which album to obtain by the Dead.

:cheers2 Bryter.

Indeed, with Aoxomoxoa and debut album their best album! Unlike eberg, I LOVE their earlier albums, after American Beauty (with exception of Blues For Allah and partly The Grateful Dead) their too country for me.

Reaction score

Indeed, with Aoxomoxoa and debut album their best album! Unlike eberg, I LOVE their earlier albums, after American Beauty (with exception of Blues For Allah and partly The Grateful Dead) their too country for me.

I like the country tinged ones best:heheh:

If I recall correctly, DZ, your blog had quite the trippy assortment of tunes as well:D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online