Grateful Dead (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I don't know I saw Segovia at age 91 and glad I got a chance to see him.
Although I've seen plenty of musicians who should have hung it up or were completely out of it on drugs.

Weir will be back. I completely agree I hate meds to begin with so taking the wrong thing :&

Segovia is a legend for sure.:bow:

He might be one of the exceptions though AK, I can't think of anyone else 91 years old who could pull off a concert...:think:

I'm with you I hate taking anything period, my body is really sensitive to any drug.

TheYoungMan

Southern Man
Reaction score
Sorry for my bad words, but I Fcking love this band. And I've just heard a pair of albus of them, and I want to know a lot of Jerry, but their blues and country are awesome. They just fit my music taste.

Cousin Johnny

Call Me The Breeze
Reaction score
Sorry for my bad words, but I Fcking love this band. And I've just heard a pair of albus of them, and I want to know a lot of Jerry, but their blues and country are awesome. They just fit my music taste.

¡A eso se le llama tener buen gusto, paisano! When you listen to more records you should also check out the albums the members of the band made as solo artists, especially those of Jerry Garcia and Bob Weir... They are (And sorry for my words) just as fcking awesome as the Grateful Dead records!

Barolojoe

Reaction score
Recommendable Releases of 'Live Dead'

´

Talkin' about different Vinyl releases of the classic album 'Live Dead' :

In other Rock Music & Hifi Forums (Audio Talk UK, Steve Hoffman Forum) I've found several disappointed buyers of the recently remastered, numbered, expensive edition released on 'Mobile-Fidelity'.

Compared to recommendable Warner or Rhino pressings from the seventies until today, many listeners stated that the Mobile Fidelity edition of 'Live Dead' sounds too clinical & polished; according to those buyers, it has a higher resolution but the music lacks in warmness & naturalness, in some tracks also in spacial resolution.

Well, I have not bought nor listened to this MoFi-LP of 'Live Dead' yet.

But I have the very first US pressing (with textfold insert graphic of St. Stephen) and the very first German pressing in my collection - both released on Warner Brothers Seven Arts in 1969. (Later releases in Germany & America were on Warner Brothers only, without 'Seven Arts' on the logo; in France & England the first pressings in 1969 were on a red or green Warner label.)

In comparison to later Warner pressings from the early and mid-seventies, those first pressings are a bit more dynamic & clearer in my ears.

So, since there is already some discussion that these remastered Mofi releases, despite of a higher solution, do not match the Warner pressings of the seventies, I would not be surprised if the first Warner pressings of 1969 put those MoFi-recording even more to shame....

................................................................................

´

Attachments

• Live Dead USA, first pressing on 'Warner Brothers Seven Arts'.jpg
    Live Dead USA, first pressing on 'Warner Brothers Seven Arts'.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Live Dead, first pressing Germany on 'Warner Brothers Seven Arts'.jpg
    Live Dead, first pressing Germany on 'Warner Brothers Seven Arts'.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Live Dead, first pressing England on 'Warner Brothers Red Label'.jpg
    Live Dead, first pressing England on 'Warner Brothers Red Label'.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Live Dead, France first Pressing 1969 on WB green label.jpg
    Live Dead, France first Pressing 1969 on WB green label.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 25
  • Live Dead Insert of St. Stephen,  US Edition.jpg
    Live Dead Insert of St. Stephen, US Edition.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Kate

Deadhead
Reaction score
Oh, the Audacity

Making a trial attempt at posting an edited audio clip pursuant to Grat_Dead's instructions in the Forum Information section...name that solo (one of my Jerry-faves):

View attachment added.mp3

Edit: Is this working for others? Would be nice if it came up in its own window with a waveform graphic like Audacity...peace/K
Edit: Now I've got to hit "save" then "run" to access the clip in windows media player; is there a better way to embed these things?

Last edited:

Kate

Deadhead
Reaction score
Resolution

I've let the pesky demands of employment restrict my entertainment and cultural life far too much lately...so I've vowed to make 2015 the year of LIVE performances, with a particular focus on progeny of the Dead, or at least groups that engage a similar improvisatory MO onstage (I'm really trying to avoid the hipster term "jam band" here).

So far, the crown jewels are VIP tix to Lockn, but I'll also be attending individual shows by Umphreys and Tedeschi Trucks (so far!). Though not germane to this thread, I'll be seeing Annie for the first time in early January followed by Carmen (love Bizet) in February.

So, who's got what lined up in the way of shows, to include Dead cover bands, of which I attend at least a few small club appearances in Louisville and Lexington each year.../K

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Members online