Grateful Dead (Official Thread)

rtbuck

Reaction score
Re: Grateful Dead

I'm not a Grateful Dead freak by any means...more of a casual fan. That being said I recently picked up 3 From the Vault(1971 concert) & love it. I have an obsession with Chuck Berry covers & when I seen they covered Johnny B. Goode here I had to check it out. I really love the show especially the 15 minute version of Howling Wolf's Smokestack Lightning which is a blues fav of mine. They may have better live albums but I really enjoy this one & may have to check out more!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I saw that one the other day Bucky,,,but I think I'll check out "Blues for Allah" and "Europe '72" next, seeing the resident experts think highly of those.

Reaction score

I'm not a Grateful Dead freak by any means...more of a casual fan. That being said I recently picked up 3 From the Vault(1971 concert) & love it. I have an obsession with Chuck Berry covers & when I seen they covered Johnny B. Goode here I had to check it out. I really love the show especially the 15 minute version of Howling Wolf's Smokestack Lightning which is a blues fav of mine. They may have better live albums but I really enjoy this one & may have to check out more!

Definitely do.. they have done tons of covers.. the first one that comes to mind for me is Not Fade Away:grinthumb

and

On the Road Again

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

just stopping by to post my current grateful dead album collection.

2569s89.jpg

my thanks to all the dead heads in the forum especially groovy man who has corrupted me and i've gone from just one album(american beauty) to the 7 i have now.

I think my collection is complete...unless some of our resident experts tell me otherwise.:grinthumb

goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dead :):):)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

I bought the first album on vinyl when I was in my teens and just picked it up again on cd, man Ron McKernan plays wicked keys and their cover of "Sitting On Top Of The World" is a killer. What an album, so here's a toast to Pigpen.

:cheers2

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I was very pleasantly surprised when I listened to their debut a few weeks ago. Have to say the Dead are one of those "unique" bands that you could never mistake for anybody else.:hab:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^ Dead right LG (pardon the pun) A great band. I have been catching up with stuff I bought years ago and now I can fill in some of the gaps so to speak. I was listening to American Beauty earlier as well .. superb album.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Yep American Beauty is still holding firm as my favorite Dead studio recording so far, but like I told EB and Groovy I thoroughly enjoyed digging a little deeper into their catalog.

When we pull the "heist" I'm going to use my ill gotten gains to build a time machine as well as loot the CD shops.:grinthumb

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^Wouldn't that be something, I was moaning to Sweaty only yesterday about choosing to see Ozzy over Thin Lizzy on Phil's final tour with the band, that's one I'd change if I could go back ,, you can't win 'em all I guess. Yeah the "heist" is long overdue I could have gone crazy in Fop records .. they were selling stuff off as low as £3. I would have rattled the Grateful Dead section for sure.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online