Grand Funk Railroad (Official Thread)

SouthernRock77

Reaction score
Good Singin' Good Playin', lets not over look this album. It's a great album, produced by Zappa.

aerozep3207

Reaction score
Grand Funk Railroad was one of the most hard working & sweat oriented bands that came out of the 60s and into the 70s. Although I like "Born To Die" their collections after We're An American Band did start to go downhill. Their 3 live albums though are without doubt ROCKIN' especially Caught In The Act. I've seen Mark Farner live 4 times and he def gives it his all - he can def still rock. I'm not too crazy about his solo songs but when performed live they have a new life injected into them. My fav album is "Survival" Every song on this album just makes this album better and better. I did get to see Grand Funk in 1997 at the Beacon Theater in New York City from the second row,I thought it was 1970 again -THEY WERE AWESOME ! Too bad they couldn't manage to stay together. I'm going to show my age here,I saw them in 1969 at Shea Stadium with Humble Pie opening for them - what a night. Maybe they will get together for another tour,the fans are def there.

Happy Birthday to Don Brewer,one of the top 5 rock drummers in the world.

keep those model subways running - watch the closing doors :pullhair:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I've been getting into some GrandFunk pretty heavy here lately....off and onn anyway. I now have the frist 5 studio releases and a couple of the live CDs.Good stuff...wonder why it took me so long to realize that.

aerozep3207

Reaction score
I like the albums that don't get talked about alot. "Born To Die" "Good Playin' Good Singing"

keep those model subways running - watch the closing doors :oyea:

zephead

Scream for CREAM!
Reaction score
Discovered them on Youtube sidebars few hours ago and listening to their debut album (on time). I have really enjoyed the album so far. I didn't knew anything on them before. Doing bit more research on them. Loving their drum heavy songs..

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Discovered them on Youtube sidebars few hours ago and listening to their debut album (on time). I have really enjoyed the album so far. I didn't knew anything on them before. Doing bit more research on them. Loving their drum heavy songs..

The debut is actually the self-titled album from the same year ( 69 ) that goes by the monicker of The Red Album. Both are great albums...

aerozep3207

Reaction score
I'm sorry to be the one to tell you DAKILLERWOLF but Grand Funk Railroad's first album IS "On Time" and their second album is the "RED Album" doesn't matter they both rock.

keep those model subway trains running - watch the closing doors :uh:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I'm sorry to be the one to tell you DAKILLERWOLF but Grand Funk Railroad's first album IS "On Time" and their second album is the "RED Album" doesn't matter they both rock.

keep those model subway trains running - watch the closing doors :uh:

Oh well, same year '69. I was thinking On Time came out in '70. Not all that devastating of news...think I'll live. But yeah, my bad...
:D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online