Graeme Edge of The Moody Blues Dies aged 80

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Very sad indeed, he never lost that West Midlands accent either.. his spoken parts when performing live were something to behold, the bust-up with Mike Pinder was unfortunate... but...
Ray Thomas who was my all time fave moody passed a few years ago, I'm sure a pint of Ansells bitter is being quaffed behind them pearly gates by both. ...
The whispering by Graeme in this is integral to the song... from '67-'74 was a run of exceptional British rock music, yet to be equalled.
RIP mate.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
The Moody Blues were such a great band... Almost perfect in a live performance... Sometimes sounding just like the studio version of what they perform
So true, I used to call it album representation which is a little unfair-
The Moody Blues and The Who were able to pull this off... and Stateside The Eagles were on point..

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
The Moody Blues were such a great band... Almost perfect in a live performance... Sometimes sounding just like the studio version of what they perform

So true, I used to call it album representation which is a little unfair-
The Moody Blues and The Who were able to pull this off... and Stateside The Eagles were on point..

Very sad. He was the last of the original Moody Blues, they'll never be the same without him and Ray Thomas.
The Moody Blues were a fantastic live show. I don't know about "almost perfect" in a live performance, but pretty close. They were such a versatile and talented bunch of guys, each with their own niche. I only became a true fan of their music after seeing them live and seeing what an incredibly busy band they were on stage.
I wholeheartedly agree that they shouldn't/can't go on without Graeme Edge and Ray Thomas. May they both R.I.P. :rip:

Jake T

Running With The Pack
Reaction score
My favorite. Seems more relevant now than ever before.

In The Beginning by Graeme Edge

[First Man:] I think, I think I am, therefore I am, I think.
[Establishment:] Of course you are my bright little star,
I've miles
And miles
Of files
Pretty files of your forefather's fruit
And now to suit our
Great computer,
You're magnetic ink.

[First Man:] I'm more than that, I know I am, at least, I think I must be.
[Inner Man:] There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles
And piles
Of trials
With smiles.
It riles them to believe
That you perceive
The web they weave
And keep on thinking free.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members