GoodBye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
No! Magic....please don't go.

This sucks.

We were all were just getting to know you, building friendships....

You are genuinely a nice person...

I know this first hand, because you've ALWAYS been kind to me, and very helpful on and behind the scenes...

YOU make this place....

things will not be the same without you...

If you permanently leave this place....this place will suck...

same thing with Lord Grendel

I know there's better things to do in life than to just hang out on a music forum, but why must you leave permanently?

Please reconsider.

*** Hey Gang...let's show Magic some love...

and maybe she'll reconsider? ****

Magic....you don't have to leave for good.

Man, I'm really bummed over this. :(

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I'm going to treat this as a finality and give the best sendoff I can to the nicest person I've ever met on any forum I've gone on! :grinthumb

I know people wonder why I take part in a forum that honestly doesn't really fit my focus in music. I mean I have nothing against the music from the past decades and I realize they were the building blocks for everything I have today. Having said that if I was just Googling for a forum I never would've included "Classic" in my search and there's no way I would've ended up here. In fact, the forum I was on prior was a perfect fit for me musically. My post were rarely ever empty and even if it was a band no one liked there was usually always some activity in there. That's not what I found to be the most rewarding part though. When I went there, which was my first time in a individual music forum (MTV Message Boards and Myspace were my priors) everyone was ready to greet me, welcome me in and when they saw what I put into my post it was appreciated.

It should be no surprise who the administrators were there at the time. Magic and LG stood out amongst the whole crowd there because it was them that pushed that ambiance. In a forum full of young kids I saw more maturity than a number of adults in my online travels. This is because Magic and LG showed them respect and they got it back. Magic had a way of being able to talk to everybody like they are meaningful. She's the nicest, most forgiving out of all of us and I've seen so many examples of this. She has a way of breaking down that wall and showing friendships can legitimately form through what I thought was an environment devoid of true social connections. I swear she appeals to anyone who has a lick of sense! It's like that person who you can say: "Really, who doesn't like Magic?" or "If they made Magic mad they really must have done something messed up because It takes a lot to piss Magic off!"

So when Magic and LG left the last forum I was on I tried to be positive! Without going into details it immediately wasn't the same and the best part of the place had gone. Everything was quiet as to where Magic and LG were but the second I found out I came here just as a friend. I just wanted to be around my friends again. The place as a lot of you remember was smaller but instantly it was just nice to be here because of that ambiance that they brought. I started spending more time here even knowing that this wasn't necessarily going to be where my taste were appreciated. Nonetheless, I wanted to help out build something that my friends were building and I believed with them at the helm it would get better. I would find out later they were right!

My transition became complete and the icing on the cake is that they paid me the highest compliment of thinking I could be a good mod here even though I had no idea how to do that! It may not sound like much to everyone but it made me feel good honestly :)! It made me want to work even harder and I have no idea what I rate mod wise but I put the work in because of them and because of them I've ended up in a place that's become the best forum I've ever experienced. Thanks to Magic and LG, I have a place to talk about my passion, I have made true friends not only in them but with people of all types, genders, locations, cultures and I have something I'm passionate about to come to when work is over and I'm not out with my family and friends.

This is my last stop because I'll never find another place that contains this much content, has as great of a member base and has been run as good as this place. I could and would never start over anywhere else and this would be my last exit anywhere! What Magic and LG do can never be replaced!

So if anyone ever ask "How'd that Sooty guy end up in a Classic Rock Forum?" or "Why is there a guy named Sooty writing all these 2,000's threads that get a minimal amount of responses?", the answer is because I owe it all to Magic and LG and I don't regret a single moment of it! It's worth it and we all owe a severe amount of gratitude to Magic for her time here!

Thank You Magic For Everything!!!!!!! May Wherever You Go From Here Bring You The Happiness You Deserve!!!!!!!!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
^^^ :clap: :hab:

I don't have anything to add to Soot's post above and I won't try to as I don't want to overshadow it's greatness and risk it lost in the shuffle here.

But I would like to add that this is my last stop with forums as well. I have found NO BETTER and I know I never will. It's really the flag on top of the rock and roll forum mountain in terms of variety, sharing, music, chat and friends.

Cheers to Magic and LG, and to Shaggy for without whom none of us would be here.

:hab:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Unlike Soot and MP, I do have a couple of backup forums but none can compare in the slightest to this one. What you have done here and the work you have put in is astounding and I am incredibly grateful for every moment I've spent on here. I agree on every point with Soot's epic post, you're one of the friendliest people I've ever met and your presence will be missed dearly. Since you're the queen of the forum, I feel this sendoff from the honourable Frank Turner is appropriate :)

(Ignore the part about being dead :heheh:)

All the best for the future, and thanks again!

Harkat

Reaction score
omg noooeee!!!!
I am really really sad to hear this!
I agree full-heartedly with the above posts, cause you are going to be someone who we will miss A LOT!

Thanks for absolutely everything you have done for us and on this forum. Thank you for your friendship!!
All the best in everything that you do now

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
This is sad news, and a very sad chapter in the history of CRF.

I'm a relative newcomer to this site, but from what I can find from digging through the archives, this forum was in a poor way before Magic and Lord Grendel came in and turned everything on it's head.

As with Sal, I have a couple of forums I frequent, but this is my No. 1 choice, and I am more than happy to call it home, a home that wouldn't exist but for the efforts of Magic and LG.

It's now sad that one of these instrumental members is leaving, and I doubt it will be the same without her around.

However, as a man once said in 1970, all things must pass, and I'm just extremely grateful to have the chance to talk to, and work with, Magic, who is one of the best members of the forum world whom I have met.

Thanks for everything Magic

:cheers2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online