Glenn Danzig

wolfsblood

Reaction score
286_logo.jpg

I have been getting into Glenn Danzig's three bands the Misfits, Samhain and Danzig a lot lately.
Misfits were one of the best punk bands ever because their songs were full of energy and great melodies and brutally hilarious lyrics. I think the later versions of the band were also very good and they're still rocking today with Jerry Only as the sole original member.
I've been noticing that it's almost impossible to find any new or used Samhain CDs in stores. I did a quick search on eBay and found Samhain CDs being sold for fifty to sixty bucks or more. Samhain were even darker and sicker than the Misfits. Anybody here into Samhain?
Finally there's Danzig, which to me sounds like heavy blues. It's amazing that Danzig was able to go from punk/hardcore to blues/metal so seamlessly. He's one of the most talented rockers and yet he's so seldom mentioned in the rock media.

Official Fansite

Misfits
Walk Among Us (1982)
Earth A.D. (1983)
Legacy of Brutality (1985)
Misfits (1986)
Collection II (1995)
Misfits Box Set (1996)
Static Age (Recorded 1978. Released 1997)
Famous Monsters (1999)
12 Hits From Hell (2001)
Project 1950 (2003)
The Devil's Rain (2011)

Samhain
Initium (1984)
Samhain III: November-Coming-Fire (1986)
Unholy Passion (1985) EP
November-Coming-Fire (1986)
Final Descent (1990)
Box Set (2000)
Samhain Live '85-'86 (2001)

Danzig

Danzig (1988)
Danzig II: Lucifuge (1990)
Danzig III: How the Gods Kill (1992)
Danzig 4p (1994)
Danzig 5: Blackacidevil (1996) – LP (reissued in 2000 with extra tracks)
Danzig 6:66: Satan's Child (1999)
Danzig 7:77: I Luciferi (2002)
Circle of Snakes (2004)
Deth Red Sabaoth (2010)

Must-owns:
1. Danzig (debut CD, contains Danzig's biggest hit ever "Mother")
2. Danzig II - Lucifuge (This one is my favorite, every song is awesome!)
3. Misfits - Collection II (A great collection of classic Misfits songs with good sound quality too.)
4. Walk Among Us - Misfits (The Misfits one "true" album released when Danzig was in the band and it contains the classics I Turned Into A Martian and Astro Zombies.)
5. Famous Monsters - Misfits (The best post-Danzig Misfits album and it has the classic song Saturday Night.)

gdoo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Misfts, Samhain, Danzig kick butt

I keep meaning to pick up some Danzig, but I haven't got any of his music Wolf.:blush:

I'll look around and see what Samhain I can find, just out of curiosity.;)

Not a big punk fan, but I do know a few Misfits songs, I'm surprised they are still playing, although there are many examples of bands carrying on with only one of the original members left.

rtbuck

Reaction score

I bought Samhain 'Initium' for the cover alone. I usually don't mind bad quality music but with a cover like that I expected the quality to be better. "All Murder,All Guts, All Fun" showed some fun & other than that the only other song that I could get by was Horror Biz

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Here's the cover Bucky, you really don't sound very enthusiastic about this album...the cover is graphic though.

:ec:

Reaction score

I'll have to check out Samhain, I like Misfits a lot, and I used to listen to a ton of Danzig, if I remember right "Twist of Cain" was my favorite song from Danzig, and "Attitude" from misfits, it has about seven words, don't think they exceed two syllables each, and its total punk rock brilliance
when I found out about Misfits in seventh grade, my mom god all mad because I kept playing "Attitude" and the song starts off with "Attitude, you got some f*cking attitude"
oh well, fun stuff, she probably still hasn't gotten over it:rolleyes:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I'm far from knowledgeable about these bands but I always loved

Mother

Also I always thought it was interesting seeing members of The Misfits involved in wrestling!

wolfsblood

Reaction score
Re: Glann Danzig's three bands

Guns 'n Roses did a cool version of the Misfits song Attitude on The Spaghetti Incident. And Metallica did a rocking mashup of two Misfits classics on their Garage Days Re-Revisited EP: Last Caress/Green Hell.
I highly recommend those to anyone not familiar with the Misfits! The Misfits will get into your brain and take you over with their great tunes.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

The Misfits are hit and miss with me and I've never listened to Samhain, but I do like Danzig quite a bit. Their best song is "How The Gods Kill" if you ask me.

wolfsblood

Reaction score

The Misfits are hit and miss with me and I've never listened to Samhain, but I do like Danzig quite a bit. Their best song is "How The Gods Kill" if you ask me.

"Blood And Tears" from Lucifuge is another Danzig classic.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online