Glenn Danzig

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Agreed Captain Sweaty ! This album is on my current playlist and let me tell you.....turn up the volume its a wharfedale ripper !!!
I have had it on the "Wish list " for a long while, just waited for it at the right price........and it arrived via post on my birthday . What a present! Danzigs releases after the 3rd album were a bit hit and miss IMO but as you say DANZIG are back on form!!!...some strong songs heavy doomy riffs , everyones happy :D

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Not a lot going on in this thread lately, then again, there hasn't been a lot of Danzig news, since his last album "Deth Red Sabaoth" - one of the best albums of 2010... in fact, one of my favourites of the past 5 years!

Well, finally there's a new album on the way, but it's a covers album:

Glenn Danzig's long-awaited covers record, "Skeletons", will be released in Europe this fall via Evilive Music/AFM Records. The CD, which was recorded with PRONG guitarist/vocalist Tommy Victor and former TYPE O NEGATIVE drummer Johnny Kelly, will include the ex-MISFITS frontman's take on songs by BLACK SABBATH ("N.I.B."), ZZ TOP ("Rough Boy"), THE TROGGS ("A Girl Like You"), THE EVERLY BROTHERS ("Crying In The Rain") and others.

The first single from "Skeletons" will be "Devil's Angels", which was originaly the theme song for the late '60s biker film of the same title. The track will be released on September 4 on seven-inch vinyl, strictly limited to 500 units. The B-side of the single will be a vocal-and-keyboard version of "Satan", from the 1969 biker flick "Satan's Sadists".

The cover artwork for the "Devil's Angels":

ik93YMr.jpg

Source: Blabbermouth.net

What can I say, I'm a huge Danzig fan! All the way from Samhain to present day Danzig. Whatever he releases, I'm there with my money, be it, music, lyrics book etc. :oyea:

I'm generally not a big fan of covers albums, but at least you can trust Glenn to give each song his personal touch and after 5 years of waiting, I'll take any kind of "new" Danzig music.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Im a huge Danzig fan myself I have all the Danzig era Misfits, all the Samhain CDs... got them in a box set years ago. ....and all the Danzig albums as well ...I even have the double comp. Lost Tracks. I'll be looking into the cover album as well.

Vader

Reaction score
1761339.jpg

One of the all time great Metal albums !! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
I just heard N.I.B. on Ozzy's Boneyard. Pretty cool, even if it's virtually identical to the original instrumentally.

I can't find a studio version to link to at the moment.

Vader

Reaction score
I just heard N.I.B. on Ozzy's Boneyard. Pretty cool, even if it's virtually identical to the original instrumentally.

I can't find a studio version to link to at the moment.

Here ya go bra....

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
^ Yeah, I found that live version, which is a little different than the studio version.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Staff online

Members online