Giuffria (Official Thread)

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Re: Giuffria

I'm gonna throw a spanner in the works and say that what I've heard from House of Lords is more interesting to me than what I've heard from Angel or Giuffria, granted I haven't heard much but I like HoL's style more.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Anyone else got the GIUFFRIA albums ? Worth checking out if you like 80s AOR.....although Greg described their music as Cinema rock a term I have never heard of.

rtbuck

Reaction score
I have Giuffria & love it but then again I was a huge Angel fan. I wish Punky Meadows stuck with music. I did like Punky & Mickie Jones pre-Angel band Bux (with Ralph Mormon from Joe Perry Project)

rtbuck

Reaction score
I always wondered why Punky didn't do anything solo :wtf:

I can't remember for sure so don't quote me but didn't he audition for Kiss after Ace left? I keep thinking That I may have read that somewhere (I know they chose Vinnie but I think Punky could've pulled that gig off too)

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Yes he did! and like so many of us 20 years later ...

gregg_giuffria_2970068.jpg

On the plus side, he still has hair. And for anyone thinking he hasn't aged well, just take a look at David Coverdale now :omg:

I'd put Call To The Heart up there in Power Ballad heaven right next to Vandeberg's Burning Heart. Two memorable tracks from bands that didn't do a lot afterwards, which is a shame.

As for House Of Lords, I liked them quite a lot. James Christian does have a much better voice, even today as HOL is still making music, albeit without Greg.

ETA:There's a CD "David Glen Eisley - The Lost Tapes"

An amazing album including eight never released Giuffria/House Of Lords songs plus three original versions of tracks from the House Of Lords debut album & three never released songs from The Dirty White Boys days. 13 tracks. Frontiers Records. 2001.

Last edited:

taha

Reaction score
Just found these guys, pretty good stuff :D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online