Gibson.com’s Top 50 Metal Songs of All Time

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Filled with Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath and Ozzy Osbourne, seen it a hundred times.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Only looked at the top 10 so far, will look at the rest later. Of the top 10, I dig every single one of those tunes except for Ace of Spades. Just can't get into Motorhead. I wouldn't have put those tunes in that exact order, but 9 of those top 10 are all worthy of being on the list for sure.

:oy:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I enjoyed that whole article...and nothing is more entertaining than metal fans going on at length about what bands/songs do or don't rate on any of these kind of lists...:oyea:

I have no problem with this list of artists, mostly old school bands.

It would be better to do it by decades or at least do the old bands up to the 80's and then the top 50 from the 90's till now.

There are 100's of good bands with a great song or two that could be on the list from the modern era of metal.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I think it is a pretty shitty list.

I didn't think it was shitty but I did think it was pretty predictable and cluttered with a lot of the same bands. I mean well over half of the bands on there had to have at least two or three songs on that list.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
I didn't think it was shitty but I did think it was pretty predictable and cluttered with a lot of the same bands. I mean well over half of the bands on there had to have at least two or three songs on that list.

Predictable and cluttered also = shitty. The more I look at the list the more I think my original comment is dead on.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Predictable and cluttered also = shitty. The more I look at the list the more I think my original comment is dead on.

No it doesn't. That is unless you think Hallowed Be Thy Name, War Pigs, Painkiller, The Trooper, Children Of The Grave, Stargazer, Raining Blood , Rime Of The Ancient Mariner, Electric Eye, Angel Of Death, Hangar 18, Fade To Black, Heaven and Hell, Holy Diver, Beyond The Realms Of Death, Hell Bent For Leather, Run With The Wolf, Detroit Rock City, Devil's Child ect. are all shitty songs.

Then I agree your comment is dead on (IYO). :grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Some great songs on the list :tup:

these lists are good to use for reference, but I am like LG, there are still tons of good songs out there, from bands that didn't make any charting hits.

I like reading the comments from poeple, ripping the lists up, too :D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online