German 70's Rock

mich

Reaction score
Does anyone remember back in the 1970's those bands from Germany who played heavy rock music. The one I remember was called Can, the other band may have been called Jane not sure. I know there were a few others around as well. Probably more underground progressive stuff. They had albums out with freaky lp covers. I think they were popular in Germany and kind've popular in Australia.:woot:

Slowhand

Reaction score
Can were more of an experimental band than hard rock. Jane from Hannover were quite popular.
Some other popular German Heavy/Progrock Bands from the 70s beside the Scorpions were Grobschnitt, Kin Ping Meh, Tiger B. Smith, Amon Düül II, Atlantis, Frumpy, Eloy, Guru Guru, Lucifer's Friend and Birth Control.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Lucifer's Friend (though John Lawton is English).

They were considered progressive, if for nothing else, because they switched genres on just about every album.

Great band anyway though. John Lawton is one of my top 5 favorite singers.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
The bands signed to the Brain label were all good, like Birth Control, Jane, Accept, Guru Guru, Novalis, SFF and RMO. Can were great live, but I have never been able to get into their albums.

My favourites are Nektar, who were British ex-patriots, and Eloy. Epitaph (like ELP and DT) are much criticised on the forums, but if you like Wishbone Ash, Home and the Beatles, you will like them.

Do we have Nektar or Eloy threads here?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online

No members online now.