Genious Playlist

rtbuck

Reaction score
I play around with my ipod every once in a while & love hitting the genious button on a song because it goes through all of your songs & creates a playlist. I just thought this genious playlist that came up was different & kind of cool. The song I picked was "Donna" by David Johansen & the List I got was:
"Donna" - David Johansen
"Local Girls" - Graham Parker
"Radio Radio" - Elvis Costello
"White Punks on Dope" - The Tubes
"Psycho Killer" - Talking Heads
"The Wait" - The Pretenders
"Roll Away the Stone" - Mott the Hoople
"People Who Died" - Jim Caroll
"DJ" - David Bowie
"Come Back Jonee" - Devo
"Mystery Achievment" - the Pretenders
"Cool Metro" - David Johansen
"Lawyers Guns & Money" - Warren Zevon
"Private Idaho" - B52's
"Watching the Detectives" - Elvis Costello
"This Beat Goes on" - The Kings
"Blood & Roses" - Smithereens
"Burning Down the House" - Talking Heads
"Suffragette City" - David Bowie
"Positively 4th Street" - Bob Dylan
"Rock Lobster" - B52's
"Roadrunner" - Jnathan Richman & the Modern Lovers

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
I have about 50 Genius playlists with up to 100 songs.
I think it does a decent job, and you can always edit the list to fine tune it.

Reaction score
that is a very nice list! I love just about every song on there, I always just go through all my songs and make my own list, I never use any of the newer ipod/itunes gadgets lol

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
that is a very nice list! I love just about every song on there, I always just go through all my songs and make my own list, I never use any of the newer ipod/itunes gadgets lol

I have thousands of songs on each of my ipod Classics. It takes a long time to pick and chose alist manually. That's why I like both the smart playlist and Genius functions. I can pull enough music to cover an entire workday per list in less than a minute. It's easier to pick a certain mood or theme that way. Plus, it helps me dig up songs that I haven't even listen to yet that I bought and loaded late at night.

My only issue is weeding out the AlbumWrap downloads that don't work on the ipod, but have no problems playing on itunes.

I just bought this computer about five months ago and already have about 300 GB worth of music to pull from. I really need to buy a 1 1/2 TB drive. Thast might last an extra year or two before filling up.:lmao:

Reaction score
I have thousands of songs on each of my ipod Classics. It takes a long time to pick and chose alist manually. That's why I like both the smart playlist and Genius functions. I can pull enough music to cover an entire workday per list in less than a minute. It's easier to pick a certain mood or theme that way. Plus, it helps me dig up songs that I haven't even listen to yet that I bought and loaded late at night.

My only issue is weeding out the AlbumWrap downloads that don't work on the ipod, but have no problems playing on itunes.

I just bought this computer about five months ago and already have about 300 GB worth of music to pull from. I really need to buy a 1 1/2 TB drive. Thast might last an extra year or two before filling up.:lmao:
same lol, I have 3500 songs on one ipod, about 40 of those are album wrap downloads though, and about 1600 songs on my other ipod :heheh: I don't mind going through all of the songs though, I love making play lists, I'm constantly making cd mixes on itunes and lists on my ipods, I'll probably even start making mix cassette tapes from vinyl with my new stereo I got for christmas, those will be easy to listen to when I don't feel like worrying about skipping songs or anything, I mostly just use the cd's in the car lol

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudolfWilh

Members online

No members online now.