Gene Simmons VS. pop stars

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
TripleM.com/au

Triple M spoke to the legend himself, Gene Simmons, who came out firing against new age pop stars like Rihanna and Madonna. He said they had to lift their game and they were liars.

"My only question is… why don't you have enough balls to get up on stage and tell them truthfully 'look, I know you love me and you love my records but only about half of what you're hearing is real. The other half is canned music like a karaoke singer. It's not real. We're lying to you.' What an insult!" exclaimed Gene Simmons.

"If you're going to charge one hundred bucks for a ticket at least have the decency of telling your fans that only half of the stuff they're hearing is live music and the other is canned or pre-recorded.

"Or have the decency to get up on stage like great bands like AC/DC, Metallica, certainly KISS… and what you hear is what you get. Four people sweating their nuts off with nobody in the backstage pressing buttons or digital this and digital that."

Whoa... he doesn’t hold back!

genesimmons.jpg

And this from the guy whose OWN DAUGHTER auditioned for the American Idol 'find a karaoke singer' series (or was it X Factor? )... and he even attended her audition with her!!!! (she failed)

Hypocritical moron.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
And this from the guy whose OWN DAUGHTER auditioned for the American Idol 'find a karaoke singer' series (or was it X Factor? )... and he even attended her audition with her!!!! (she failed)

Hypocritical moron.
Did she sing on that show, or did she lip sync?

(try to keep up)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
So me and you can have our opinions, but since someone is famous they are stripped of that privlidge ?

Oh please. You and I don't have the potential to influence millions of others with our opinions like Gene and Sammy. Seeing story after story of these two and their squabbles gets a little tiresome after awhile. In fact, it's getting a bit difficult to keep up with. I don't care for their opinions, and I wouldn't care any more if I were a fan of theirs either. The fact that Gene goes on and on especially makes me think he probably believes his opinion is of high value, which makes me like him even less.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
The fact that Gene goes on and on especially makes me think he probably believes his opinion is of high value, which makes me like him even less.
And THAT is EXACTLY how I feel about these idiot entertainers (and yes, that is ALL that they are) when they tell me how I am supposed to think and how I am supposed to vote, based on their own bullshit idea of how the world is supposed to work. :rolleyes:

I'm not defending Gene at all, but I do understand his point.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Did she sing on that show, or did she lip sync?

(try to keep up)

Dunno...who cares, so OK, are you really typing this stuff.... or are you cheating and using voice recognition software?

:bonk:

Simmons is more fake than anyone I know, so enough with all the “what you hear is what you get” bollocks…I mean that's just laughable. Kiss are about as far away from the concept of just letting the music do the talking purely on its musical merits as any band in history, their whole existence has been predicated on providing their audience with as many gimmicks, and as many distractions from the actual ‘live’ music experience, as they can possibly dream up. What he should be saying is ..... “I know you love me and you love my records, but only about half of what you're seeing and hearing is just the live music, the rest of the show is fireworks and pyrotechnics, clown make-up, comic book costumes making me look like the Star Trek Klingons baddies, breathing fire and spitting blood half way through my songs, and a huge Kiss Kiddies toy and junk industry worth like $1 billion…none of which has anything whatsoever with the actual music....but I'll still take your money for all this crap thanks very much" And ffs, how many dozens of guys must Simmons have…quote…. “backstage pressing buttons, or digital this and digital that" ?????

Last edited:

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
“I know you love me and you love my records, but only about half of what you're seeing and hearing is just the live music, the rest of the show is fireworks and pyrotechnics, clown make-up, comic book costumes making me look like the Star Trek Klingons baddies, breathing fire and spitting blood half way through my songs, and a huge Kiss Kiddies toy and junk industry worth like $1 billion…none of which has anything whatsoever with the actual music....but I'll still take your money for all this crap thanks very much"

I think there's a song in there.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online