Gene Simmons - 'tis the season to be jolly

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
Couple sues Gene Simmons over alleged attack
Thu Dec 24, 8:03 pm ET

LOS ANGELES – A couple who said they were assaulted by Gene Simmons sued the KISS bassist for unspecified damages Thursday, court records show.
Nathan Marlowe and his wife Cynthia Manzo said Simmons attacked them, threatened them and took their video camera at the upscale The Grove mall on Saturday after they started filming the rocker.

The couple's attorney, Matthew Nezhad, says a police report was filed. The couple sought a restraining order against Simmons on Wednesday, but that petition was denied.

Simmons has not been arrested and no charges have been filed.
According to the complaint and restraining order application, Marlowe asked Simmons for his view on monogamy, and Simmons responded by telling Marlowe to get his shot and leave. The filings state Simmons then lunged and attacked Marlowe, taking the video camera, then turned on Manzo when she tried to get the camera back.

A phone message seeking comment from Simmons' entertainment attorney was not immediately returned.

The couple are seeking damages of more than $25,000 for civil claims of assault, battery and infliction of emotional distress. The lawsuit was filed as a verified complaint, meaning Marlowe and Manzo signed it under penalty of perjury.

Peace on earth, goodwill towards men...etc etc etc

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
It seems to me there's a blatant missing piece here. The article jumps from Gene saying "Take the shot and leave" (obviously wanting to be left alone) straight to lunging and attacking. To me, it looks like between telling them to go away and the attack, they must have said or done something nasty. I see no other reason why Gene would result to physical contact unless he was severely provoked.

Keep in mind, I'm not defending him or the crime, simply saying that there appears to be a big hole in the story. In any circumstance, doing something like this is wrong and unprofessional.

It will be interesting to hear what Gene has to say, if he says anything at all.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
Well Gene, what do you expect when you brag that you have slept with over a thousand women, of course people are going to ask questions. Look at poor Tiger Woods, an amateur in comparison to you :lmao:

Other reports...

CD insight
According to the restraint and complaint papers, when the couple asked Simmons a question about his sexual reputation, Simmons told them to take their picture and leave him alone while he finished up last minute holiday shopping. Allegedly, he attacked the couple anyway

ACESHOWBIZ
The lawsuit stems from a December 19 incident at a Los Angeles area shopping mall where upset Simmons is said grabbing Marlowe and Manzo by the neck when he was questioned about his playboy reputation. The musician is also reported to have taken their camera and threatened their lives, saying "I will end you" and "I will kill you".

LA Examiner
Marlowe and the musician were in the same outdoor shopping mall known as The Grove.

Marlowe approached Simmons and struck up a conversation inquiring of his “public persona about monogamy” when he claims the 60 year-old went ballistic. Marlowe alleged Simmons head-butted him, grabbed him by the throat and choked him admonishing “I will end you.”

Marlowe says Simmons continued his assault by grabbing his wife’s throat and threatening her with an “I will kill you” before stealing his camera and driving off in an SUV.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Yeah nice to see the spirit of the season is alive and well. I hate the paparazzi, but they are part of the fabric of the culture we live in now, the rich and famous(infamous too), have publicity machines that intentionally leak information so they can be photographed etc. I draw the line at family outings those are times you should be left alone to be with your loved ones, otherwise if you want the prestige/fame that is part of the business you are always going to get into these situations.

It will be settled quietly, Gene is a powerful businessman and knows how to handle this. I have no comment on his exploits, like most rock musicians they should stay single, the statistics are overwhelming on that score.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
:lmao::lmao::grinthumb

Too funny.

although I would be a bit upset being pounded by paparazzi everytime I set foot out of my house.

But like Annie said, if you're gonna brag about your sexual repertoire, you should have no trouble turning to the camera and saying "shall I take you for a test drive" :heheh: Instead he got violent,,,tsk tsk....bad Gene Simmons!!

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
hEY i SEE A PETTaRN HERE WITH vipS ATTACKIN' PEEPS......must be the next best thing :)

Reaction score
like someone else said there is a big hole in the story.... I have a feeling this couple's intent was to get rich quick, who asks for a quarter million dollars for getting their camera taken and hit......in my opinion this is total bullshit and it is fairly obvious that the intent was to take advantage of someone for their money, they were basically trying to legally rob Simmons, so yeah.... Tis the season lol

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
like someone else said there is a big hole in the story.... I have a feeling this couple's intent was to get rich quick, who asks for a quarter million dollars for getting their camera taken and hit......in my opinion this is total bullshit and it is fairly obvious that the intent was to take advantage of someone for their money, they were basically trying to legally rob Simmons, so yeah.... Tis the season lol

It is twenty five THOUSAND dollars.

Reaction score
It is twenty five THOUSAND dollars.

there is my math skills for you :heheh::bonk:
ok, an 1/8 million dollars, 25000$ is still a lot of money, for anyone, just because you have it does not mean you should just give it up if you don't want to

someone scratched my 96 honda civic, should I sue 5000 dollars?

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.