From Autumn To Ashes

Harkat

Reaction score
From Autumn to Ashes (FATA, not 'You're getting fatter') was an American hardcore band that formed in Long Island in 2000.

Wikipedia Page

from+autumn+to+ashes.jpg

Described as "melody and lushness meets brutality," the band released their debut full-length album Too Bad You're Beautiful in 2000. The album featured former band member Benjamin Perri on screaming vocals, with Mark providing the clean vocals and acted as drummer. 2003 saw the release of The Fiction We Live and 2005, the release of Abandon Your Friends, the last From Autumn to Ashes album with Perri and Mark in their respective roles.
After Perri's departure shortly after Abandon Your Friends, Mark became lead vocalist and in 2007, the band released Holding a Wolf by the Ears. On June 9, 2008 the band announced that they had gone on "indefinite hiatus." They insisted that the decision was amicable and the band had simply reached its natural conclusion.

FATA currently has 4 studio album's, 3 EP's and 1 Live record.
The studio albums are:
~ Too Bad You're Beautiful
~ The Fiction We Live
~ Abandon Your Friends
~ Holding a Wolf by its Ears

Last edited by a moderator:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Their music is pretty good, but I have a hard time with screaming and growling vocals. My daughter likes this band, though. I think this type music is much more appealing to the younger generation, although I can tolerate the growls/screams in Bullet For My Valentine.

Harkat

Reaction score
hmmm, I need to make my presence known in the BFMV thread

Why is there no BFMV thread?!?!?!?!
makes me sad

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
hmmm, I need to make my presence known in the BFMV thread

Why is there no BFMV thread?!?!?!?!
makes me sad

You should start one for BFMV...I will visit, I do like them ;)

Harkat

Reaction score
another time, I think 2:30am classifies as bed time

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yea, definitely time to talk to your pillow.....I keep forgetting you guys are on the other side of the globe :)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Yes, thank you Harkat! Even though I introduced you to Short Stories With Tragic Endings which is one of my favorite musical epics period I wasn't a big fan of the band to do a thread. I have all four studio albums from them because I enjoy a track or two on each but overall they are too heavy for my taste. They are wicked talented though and have more melody than most hardcore Screamo/Metal groups that are equally heavy! One of my favorite aspects of this group is their collaboration with the angelic vocalist heard in Short Stories With Tragic Endings, Melanie Wills! Melanie contributed for one more album, The Fiction We Live and formed her own group One True Thing! Here's my mini tribute to Melanie Wills and I hope You don't mind Harkat! :grinthumb

Melanie Wills
Artist-62546-1395901.jpg

Too Bad You're Beautiful
FROM_AUTUMN_TO_ASHES-Too_Bad_Youre_Beaut_3.jpg

Short Stories With Tragic Endings

The Fiction We Live
fiction.jpg

Autumns Monlogue

Melanies own group One True Thing:

201857792.jpg

Bloom

Will I Make It

I'll Wait

Believe

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Just a note! The reason I link FATA to Melanie so much besides her being on two albums is that when I was buying their album I didn't even know Melanie had her own band. The group One True thing didn't even have it's own section. It was put with FATA's c.d. in a thin cardboard sleeve that you wouldn't even see if you didn't flip through them! The cover was different than the one I had posted and it had Melanie playing video games with a bunch of dudes rather than the octopus thing! Anyway, these groups are linked IMO and fit into the same thread IMO! :grinthumb

For pure From Autumn to Ashes though it doesn't have my favorite song from them I like the Fiction We Live album the best!

album-the-fiction-we-live.jpg

Here's my favorite track from that album!

The After Dinner Payback

Last edited by a moderator:

Harkat

Reaction score
My fav FATA songs are Daylight Saving and Short Stories With Tragic Endings.
Daylight Savings is just a solid melodic song and SSWTE is rather emotionally powerful

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online