Frehley's Comet!

Hard Rock

Rock out !
Reaction score
658810_logo.jpg

Was a fan of Ace in kiss ! Still am ! Saw him on the bad boys of rock tour in 95'. My friends band got to open up for them. Got to watch him do a few songs in soundcheck. My other Friend Duke does sound and lights here and he did s/l for ace that night. I came to the bar before the show...there was a sheet blocking people from the performance area...i peaked under and Ace yells " hey , yeah ! Come help us out ! " My friend duke looks over like, "you better NOT! " " HaHa ! A good show ! Tried to search for an Ace thread here...found none so...METALPRIEST, if you want to add photos and vids, go at it. Im on dialup so itd take me all night !

Heres a rare oldie but great track !

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Re: Frehley's Comet !

Nice thread!! Great idea!! I LOVE the COMET!!! Rock On!!

Ace-Frehley-Frehleys-Comet-229014.jpg

rtbuck

Reaction score

I love Ace's post Kiss work. I seen him 3 times between '87 & 95 & all 3 shows were amazing. The original Comet band featured Ace, John Regan(bass), Richie Scarlet (Guitar), Anton Fig (drums), & Arthur Snead (Keyboards). Scarlet left the band just before they received a deal & was replaced with Todd Howarth & they dropped Snead. That first album did pretty well & Rock Soldiers was in a regular rotation on MTV("Into the Night" fared pretty well also). Todd Howarth fit in well with the 80's hair & style which was popular at the time as did a couple of songs which he sang lead on on the album such as "Something Moved" & "Calling to You" (it makes me wonder how well these 2 songs could have done had they been released as singles with what was going on at the time). I did love that first Comet album especially "Breakout", "Stranger in a Strange Land" & "Dolls"(which was a bit strange but I liked it for some reason).

I didn't mind Second sighting which had some great moments with "Insane", "Juvenile Delinquent", "Dancing with Danger", & "Acorn is Spinning" but it did seem like it had a bit too much of a Todd Howarth influence on the album.

'Trouble Walking' is my favorite Ace Frehley release & it was much better with Richie Scarlet replacing Howarth. Ace & Richie work together so well onstage. 'Trouble Walkin'' Just kicked ass almost all the way through. My favorites on that album are "Shotful of Rock", "Trouble Walkin'', "2 Young Too Die" (The best track imo), & "Do Ya"

The first time I seen Ace solo was in '87 opening for Alice Cooper & the show was amazing. The next two times were in the '90's w/ Richie Scarlet by his side & I'll tell you this...I'm a huge Kiss fan & have never been disappointed but during that era of the early 90's as good as Kiss was I would rather see Ace & Richie playing a club

Hard Rock

Rock out !
Reaction score

I liked his solo album with kiss, Ace Frehley/Frehleys Comet, Live + 1, and Second sighting. Didn't dig TW as much but did like the cover of "do ya " . He told funny jokes when he was here. I live in a smaller Ex-logging town and he said " you guys must get bored here...all there is to do is drink beer and cut down trees. " HaHa ! One day and he can sum up the town in a one liner. Thats Ace. He also told some crude jokes that i wont repeat...he was a lil drunk but they tore it up !

Also , when he did his smoking guitar bit...the drummer was on the side of the stage with a electric leaf blower/vacume with a tube going out the back door to suck out the smoke ! :wtf: Hi-fi man ! Ace has this Keith Richards vibe to him. He can play sloppy and it still rocks !

Get the book Kiss and Tell by Gordon G.G. Gebert. Ace was OFF THE HOOK !

rtbuck

Reaction score

I forgot to mention Live + 1 Which is great as well. I didn't mention the '78 album or Anamoly because I was just concentrating on the mid 80's- 90's decade. Anamoly was a good album but I prefer the Trouble Walkin' album to that one too. The '78 album for me is in a class above the rest.

I enjoyed the stories in the Kiss n Tell book but I thought the authors overall made themselves look bad. Still that book is a must read for any Kiss fan (a lot of fun!)& I also recommend it for the stories (but not for the authors whining because Ace made them do all this stuff for him & barely paid them).

Stay away from Into the Void by some girl named Wendy. That book was awful!!!! The Gerbert/Mcadams book blows this one out of the water

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

I like all of Ace's solo work. It's not comparable to his work with KISS which is kind of cool, that he was able to step away from what he had done for many years and do something different. I've got everything he's released and even at least one album that was not "officially" released.

One of my alltime favorite guitar players. Here's a couple
of my favorite tunes off the first Frehley's Comet (1987)
album. Man I played this countless times for a couple of
years. LOTS of memories connected to this album for me.

220px-Frehleycometalbum.jpg

[GROOVESHARK]25060168[/GROOVESHARK]

[GROOVESHARK]25060171[/GROOVESHARK]

[GROOVESHARK]25060173[/GROOVESHARK]

[GROOVESHARK]25060175[/GROOVESHARK]

:bow:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Still like this song and video!! Second Coming is a great album!!

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

I did like his Live + 1 EP as well (came out in 1988). Played both
Kiss-era Solo, Kiss and Frehley's Comet tunes.

Live_Plus_1_cover.jpg

[GROOVESHARK]25060251[/GROOVESHARK]

[GROOVESHARK]25060249[/GROOVESHARK]

I did like the second full-length album as well, but it's really hard
finding most of those songs online that can be shared here.

220px-Second_sighting_album_cover.jpg

[GROOVESHARK]25060246[/GROOVESHARK]

A fun little "instrumental"

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

It's so wierd...I think we both posted some Second Coming stuff at the same time...:heheh: The Acorn Is Spinning is a fun instrumental!!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online