Free (Official Thread)

elfranco

Reaction score
Re: Free

I just played my import version Fire & Water, and now I'm playing Free Live! These collections still blow me away. The magnitude of what they did, as young lads knocks me out. Kossoff, that Les Paul was almost as bing as he was. But you could see in videos and pix the man was one with it. At least their recordings survive along with many bootlegs. Koss was a victim of his own fame and a body that betrayed him. His addiction helped his heart disease to accelerate. Shameful waste of humanity and talent.

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score

Damn guys, now you hooked me up! I'll have to get my hands on any of their album, they sound awesome. Thanks!

elfranco

Reaction score

You must obtain the English release versions, or American imports. They have more content and are of better quality. I have a video of them at the Isle Of Wite and it blows me away. The bass and lead guitars battle for supremacy. The word awesome is meaninless in today's jargon. It cannot be surpassed by anyone. Kossoff was the greatest Les Paul handler of his day and the music lives on, and on.

rtbuck

Reaction score

Free was a great band. I always liked Kossoff & I really liked Back Street Crawler's 'The Band Plays On' record. The lead singer Terry Slesser was in the running to replace Bon Scott in AC/DC after Bon passed away & he was close to being Paul Dianno's replacement in Maiden but Steve Harris felt he didn't fit on some of their songs.

elfranco

Reaction score

Free was a great band. I always liked Kossoff & I really liked Back Street Crawler's 'The Band Plays On' record. The lead singer Terry Slesser was in the running to replace Bon Scott in AC/DC after Bon passed away & he was close to being Paul Dianno's replacement in Maiden but Steve Harris felt he didn't fit on some of their songs.

Hey, I have a cousin who lives in Canandagua! spelling?

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score

Two weeks after I made my latest post in this thread, I became big Free fan. I've got three albums and I just love them more day by day! Great,mindblowing harmoy in chilly songs as "Mouthful of Grass" or "Oh I Wept" and kickass blues rock songs as legendary "All Right Now", "Fire And Water" "Woman" etc.
Damn, why these guys never got famous? Such a shame for Kossof, he was genius.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Very true DZ, I have 6 of their albums and the talent is obvious, it is too bad they didn't go farther, but at least we have some great music to enjoy, and Rodgers did go on to form Bad Company which was a decent band as well.

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score

Very true DZ, I have 6 of their albums and the talent is obvious, it is too bad they didn't go farther, but at least we have some great music to enjoy, and Rodgers did go on to form Bad Company which was a decent band as well.

Exactly. At least there's 7 studio albums to enjoy to. And yeah, Bad Company is pretty damn good sequel of Free :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online