Free (Official Thread)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Re: Free

A stunning debut "Tons Of Sobs" though not a big commercial success the album contained eight original tracks from ten not bad for an intro to a new band.

Walk In My Shadow

Last edited by a moderator:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

Top band SOX ! Heres my personal fave, though "wishing well " is a close second.
" The Hunter "......a song me and my younger brother used to play in our very young days with out of tune guitars and kazoo..i kid you not:lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^^I bet that sounded pearler Lou, well you have to start somewhere mate. The Hunter is a fave of mine too ... Robbo out of Idle Hands Blues Band does a fantastic job of that track.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score

not too clever on the ol geetar them days lol...more tossoff than Kossoff !!!!

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score

i feel the band could have been bigger than "led zeppelin". i'm almost positive most will not agree. but i love that band !!!

Paul's ego was too big for a band to function as well as Zeppelin did together.

elfranco

Reaction score
Free

Forgotten Free. Paul Rodgers, Paul Kossoff, Andy Fraser and Simon Kurke. Kossoff undoubtedly an overlooked axe man. He and Clapton traded Les Pauls and Clapton asked Koss how he could bend those strings. Andy Fraser's rhythymn/bass was awesome when they began in 1968 when he was just 15 y.o.a. and Simon Kirke was a stamina junkie, infested with the ability to rock on! Their albums are a must for any blues rocking enthusiast who hasn't dug in yet. It's long overdue for anyone who hasn't.

elfranco

Reaction score

Paul's ego was too big for a band to function as well as Zeppelin did together.

Sorry I posted a new thread regarding Free. I missed it. But, Paul Kossoff's drug dependancy is what finished Free. His fans fed him daily to keep him happy so they could live off his money and party. He was so addicted he couldn't stop, and he tried several times. I agree that Rodgers was known as a hot head. But some of his anger was from Koss not responding to the constant plea for his "getting healthy". Read the book about them, it tells all. They are in my top bands of all time list! Been a fan of Free since the first recording hit our shores shortly after they debuted in the UK!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

No problem Elfranco, I have merged your posts with the original. If you are not sure just use the search function for each sub-forum, enter the band name and that will show you if a thread is already written for a particular band.

Didn't know that about Paul Kosoff, very sad but not uncommon unfortunately.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online