Frank Turner (Official Thread)

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Re: The Official Frank Turner Thread!

^^ I'm also on a Frank Turner kick, and Love Ire & Song has also hit a big chord with me. The lyrics keep coming back to my head, especially the part in my signature. It's just such a wonderful energetic song that's full of life, as is most of Frank's work! :grinthumb

The next time he's coming your way may well be late this year, (Tour dates are on his website and Facebook page) but I strongly advise you to attend. It's an experience more than it is a show!

(And in the meantime, try to get your hands on an E-chord harmonica, just in case! :tongue:)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I just bought the new Frank Turner yesterday and I love it!

England Keep My Bones
FRANK_TURNER_England_Keep_My_Bones.jpg

My favorite song already has a live version up but I think it's worth being posted again just to get the studio version up. Frank Turner still has his own unique sound but he's added layers of things I'm a sucker for to his sound so even better. This song has so much energy:

I Am Disappeared

The one minor complaint I have is the last track "Glory Hallejuhah" which seemed to be just there for shock value and was kind of juvenile IMO. :heheh: Other than that great album! :grinthumb

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score

The one minor complaint I have is the last track "Glory Hallejuhah" which seemed to be just there for shock value and was kind of juvenile IMO. :heheh: Other than that great album! :grinthumb

I personally like "Glory Hallejulah" and have since he sung it live when I went with Sal and Harkat.

But then, I can also see how some people may not be a fan of that particular one. :heheh: He did apologize to anyone who was gonna be offended in advance before he sung it though. Saying he wasn't out to say everyone had to share his way of thinking, but just felt he'd get his own point of view out while he had the soapbox to himself. :tongue:

Which, as someone who shares his point of view on the subject, I respect him saying he couldn't care less if people didn't agree with him, because nothing annoys me more on either side of that debate than people who insist their side is the right one, and don't open themselves up to both sides.

But that's enough from me on that subject. :cheers2

P.S. My record store informed me that the album wasn't out till Friday :( Goddamn Australian record companies, we're a day ahead, we should get it BEFORE America :grinthumb :heheh:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

Mine still has to go through the mail too since I (Rather stupidly in hindsight) pre-ordered it XD I Am Disappeared is a fantastic track though, of all the songs from EKMB he played live it was my favourite! :grinthumb

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score

Really loving this one at the moment:

It was all that was in my head during exams. Not anything useful, like biology. Just Frank Turner. As it should be.

Titokinz

Earthbound misfit
Reaction score
Didn't know there was a Frank Turner fan base here! Splendid! Reasons Not To Be An Idiot is one of my faves. I love his folky punk vibe.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
The new album has been a grower but not that it's grown on me I love it! He's better here lyrically than he's ever been IMO!

Tape Deck Heart
frankturnercd2013600.jpg

My favorite songs:

Plain Sailing Weather

Four Simple Words

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I just bought the new Frank Turner yesterday and I love it!

England Keep My Bones
FRANK_TURNER_England_Keep_My_Bones.jpg

My favorite song already has a live version up but I think it's worth being posted again just to get the studio version up. Frank Turner still has his own unique sound but he's added layers of things I'm a sucker for to his sound so even better. This song has so much energy:

I Am Disappeared

I hope it's o.k. to plug another artist in here as I'm obsessed with this cover by this angel who I was going to marry until I found out her age! :heheh: Seriously though, this cover should be heard and seen by Frank Turner fans! A different style and energy than the original but both are ****ing awesome in their own right! :grinthumb

Ruby Day

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online