Frank Turner (Official Thread)

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Re: The Official Frank Turner Thread!

Frank Turner is F**KING FANTASTIC live! He lit up the stage and got the crowd going wild with only a massive voice and an acoustic guitar. It was the same kind of atmosphere as a Cat Empire show, there were a handful of people who knew every word to every song (except the first listens to new songs, which were all awesome), some people like me who knew about half but sung along anyway and literally everybody was having a good time!

IMO, the two songs that stood out the most were Love, Ire and Song and Photosynthesis, which he played "last" before he decided to ditch the farting around and play the encore songs right after! :heheh: There were even a few cool covers (I Want To Break Free was awesome) and a couple of comedic ditties, another of my favourite moments was his cover of Half Man Half Biscuit's "Vatican Broadside":

:ec:

All in all it was a wonderful, memorable night, and I'd strongly recommend anyone to go see him the next time he's in your neck of the woods! :cheers2

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Man, now you guys have both got me wanting to catch him live. He needs to come to the west coast of the states, like...NOW!

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

He'll be back eventually, you can never keep him away from anywhere for too long!

Anyway, I forgot to mention that the first new song he played had me absolutely spellbound. While the older songs I could sing and dance along to, this one had me speechless with awe:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

He'll be back eventually, you can never keep him away from anywhere for too long!

Anyway, I forgot to mention that the first new song he played had me absolutely spellbound. While the older songs I could sing and dance along to, this one had me speechless with awe:

Once again I approve! :cheers2 Awesome artist period! :grinthumb

Harkat

Reaction score

^^^
Fantastic night!!!! :D
Frank was amazing!! and only with his acoustic guitar!!!
I'm so glad we got right up there!
Good call Sal, I'm so glad we came! =]

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

You missed out on the best parts Harky! After you left, the music got louder and awesomer, and the crowd got wilder and drunker :heheh:

Harkat

Reaction score

^^^
Shame =\
We had to go though

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Dude, you've got me on such a Frank Turner run lately (again since you got me on him initially)! Before I would listen to mostly the first block of the "Love, Ire and Song" but now I love the whole album.

My current favorites:

Substitute
(this song is so much about me and what music has brought me unconditionally that nothing else ever has, the difference is I never was the man whore Mr. Turner was, my experiences are more modest but just as heeartfelt)

Photosynthesis
(Yes, I know this is predictable but it was the song that got me into Frank Turner, this morning I was walking through town with this on feeling so revitalized and young, I had my headphones on and still screaming along to it without a care)

Love, Ire & Song
(This has been a new favorite for me, I love his philosophies on freedom and drunken rebellion)

This guy is the best artist CRF has ever introduced me too (though he may make me an alcoholic :heheh:) and I can't wait to get the new album! :grinthumb

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online