Former Guns N Roses members perform with Myles Kennedy at Hall Of Fame Ceremony

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth.net

Former GUNS N' ROSES Members Perform With MYLES KENNEDY At ROCK HALL Induction - Apr. 14, 2012
Former GUNS N' ROSES members Slash, Duff McKagan, Steven Adler, Matt Sorum and Gilby Clarke performed three "Appetite For Destruction" songs with Myles Kennedy at the band's Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame induction ceremony earlier tonight (Saturday, April 14) in Cleveland, Ohio. Kennedy, who handles lead vocals in Slash's solo band and ALTER BRIDGE, sang "Mr. Brownstone", "Sweet Child O' Mine" and "Paradise City", with "Use Your Illusion"-era member Sorum sitting behind the drum kit on "Brownstone" and the man he replaced in GN'R, Adler, pounding the skins for the other two songs.

"I am overwhelmed," McKagan said of the honor. He also addressed singer Axl Rose's absence during his acceptance speech, saying, "I don't know if it matters who's here tonight because it's about the music that band created."

Slash said, "We have new fans who have never seen the original lineup and they're pulling for us."

Adler quoted QUEEN's "We Are the Champions": "You brought me fame and fortune and everything that goes with it, and I thank you all."

GREEN DAY's Billie Joe Armstrong delivered the induction speech for GN'R, saying, "The first time I saw GUNS N' ROSES on MTV, I thought, 'One of these guys could end up dead or in jail,'" He raved about "Appetite For Destruction", calling it "the best debut album in the history of rock and roll. Every song hits hard. It takes you a trip to the seedy world of Los Angeles. The thing that set them apart from everyone else was guts. They never lost their edge for one second." He also praised each of the GN'R members, before saying, "Let's see, who am I missing?" to a round of boos. He then referred to Rose as "one of the best frontmen to ever touch a microphone," and added, "And you're ****ing crazy. Most singers in bands are, I can vouch for that."

Clarke played guitar with GN'R in the 1990s but was not inducted.

As for the other inductees, Chris Rock inducted the RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, Chuck D did the honors for the BEASTIE BOYS, Bette Midler inducted Laura Nyro, ZZ TOP was on hand for Freddie King, Carole King inducted Don Kirshner, John Mellencamp paid tribute to Donovan and Steve Van Zandt handled duties for the SMALL FACES/FACES.

Some 7,000 fans packed Public Auditorium for the sold-out event.

Tarn

Reaction score
I saw the youtube of the performance before it got removed because of copyright

Made me a little nostaglic because of the backdrop picture they used with Axl, Duff & Slash and while Myles does an excellent job, it just isnt Axl

I saw them in '92 and Axl kept the fans waiting for nearly 2 hours even back then, let alone storming off half way through because of sound problems :pullhair:

oh well at least the other guys had the grace to step up and accept

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Staff online

Members online