Folk/Celtic Metal

Oblivion

Reaction score
I have one Agalloch CD:

Agalloch+-+Ashes+Against+The+Grain+-+front+pic.jpg

I really like this CD....the music puts me in a quiet, ambient place :tongue:

The only one that matters... :grinthumb It's a great album... And LG, I told you, this is the one you want to listen to, not their first one.

Oblivion

Reaction score
An

I have quite a vast collection of metal :D So here are my picks:

in extremo: I like this band because I'm a bagpipe addict... And they use the bagpipes quite often... These are 2 folky songs but they also have heavy stuff alot like the old rammstein... :rolleyes: yes, I also like those songs... Herr Mannelig / Omnia Sol Temperat

Does ensiferum ring a bell ? :) Probably, so I'll skip them... And as will I skip Finntrol, for the same reason.

Einherjer : Some of their albums are heavily folk influenced, while other albums feature a more traditional black metal sound. I'd call them Viking metal, but all those sub-sub-subgenres aren't my strong point.. Norwegian metal...Iron Bound / The Ballad of the Swords

Swedish metal: Vintersorg!
Vintersorg has covered a wide number of heavy metal genres; while the band is mostly rooted in extreme metal styles, particularly black metal and Viking/folk metal, it has also expanded into progressive metal and avant-garde metal. Lyrically, the band deals with topics on fantasy, mythology, nature, the cosmos, and metaphysics. Vintersorg means "Winter Sorrow," but the name was taken from the Isfolket series by Margit Sandemo, where the character Vintersorg is the son of a great pagan leader.

Till Fjälls

And then finally: Falkenbach... Viking metal from Germany...

Walhall

Enjoy.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I have everything by these guys...mainly known as a story based band, symphonic and Hollywood score in nature...there is alot of celtic and folk styles within the sound of RHAPSODY (of Fire) from ITALY!!

Good clean singing here as well! Fabio is awesome!

The Village Of Dwarves

Oblivion

Reaction score
Hehe :) I also have all of their albums... (the real deal, not downloaded) :)

The March of the Swordmaster

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have all of Rhapsody's albums as well, OB told me about them a long time ago so now they are all on the shelf.:D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Start a thread for them my distinguished friend,,,we don't have one yet.:D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Staff online