Folk Album Anthology#7: Trees-On The Shore

joe

Reaction score
The Trees came in late into the British folk-rock movement and paid the price as they were often compared to Fairport Convention and The Pentangle as thier female fronted vocalist Celia Humphris sounded similar to Sandy Denny and Jacqui McShee and never lived up to expectations. Unrealistic expectations I'd say.

A five piece prog/psych/folk-rock band the Trees second album released in 1970 was a more harder rocking album than that of any Fairport Convention laid out. More electrical than the traditional British folk-rock of the era, the twin guitars lay out some fuzzy psych jams that are reminiscent of US west coast psychedelia. Sadly the band folded after this release as other folk-rock bands that came late to the folk boom were all but ignored at that time. Comus and Spyogyra come to mind. Another haunting folkie gem.

b_21003_Trees-On_The_Shore-1970.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have 3 Spirogyra albums, but no Trees at all...it was a golden age of folk rock back in those days Joe, don't think we'll ever see their like again. But at least we have their legacies to enjoy, I 'll see if there are some "Trees" laying about that I can get my hands on.;)

joe

Reaction score
LG, I happened to pick most of these folkie albums on vinyl way back when. Mostly used and a few on CD and a couple as a D/L. When CDs first came out and got established vinyl was very cheap and readily available here in town in four or five shops. I used to spend a whole Saturday morning flippin' finding OOPs as well as other more "mainstream" records.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
My options here are extremely limited, for really rare albums I don't even bother going to the big city, I'll look online and hope for the best.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^You mean almost comatose Wolf?

:heheh:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I'm just messing with you...but I do have an extensive collection of mellow music when the occasion calls for it.

Joe keeps coming up with bands I've never heard of before, like he's got an endless supply stored in his garage.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I like some European and Brit folk rock especially when it has psych influences
I also like Bluegrass and Americana ...depending on the bands .But like I said
I don't listen to it that much and it is only when the mood strikes .

As far as the right occasion goes I know girls who will jump into my room while I'm playing Death etc. so I'm not really all that concerned with setting a mood :heheh:

Joe's Garage of Despair ..enter at your own risk :D

joe

Reaction score
It depends on the type of lady you're entertaining.

Psychotropics enhance the listening experience when one wants to "escape.":D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online