First heavy metal song?

joe

Reaction score
Exactly, you'd need many a post to define the family of heavy metal. I don't expect you to show the family tree in detail and go through all the motions, so to say.

IMHO, the genealogy has to be laid out in some detail as it is the foundation of "traditional heavy metal". I don't think no one can name a specific date when the genre became clearly distinguishable. For me, I take 1976 as the floor of "traditional heavy metal" however there is exceptions of a handful of artists like Black Sabbath and Budgie.

It would take me quite some time to put this and the other characteristics of "traditional heavy metal" on paper, if you will. First, I don't really have the time and secondly and least not at this point, I don't want to do it. Just that simple.

nedkelly

Reaction score
IMHO, the genealogy has to be laid out in some detail as it is the foundation of "traditional heavy metal". I don't think no one can name a specific date when the genre became clearly distinguishable. For me, I take 1976 as the floor of "traditional heavy metal" however there is exceptions of a handful of artists like Black Sabbath and Budgie.

It would take me quite some time to put this and the other characteristics of "traditional heavy metal" on paper, if you will. First, I don't really have the time and secondly and least not at this point, I don't want to do it. Just that simple.
Right on...unless we can find a common definition of HM, it would be hard to continue. All facts are welcome though....

Last edited:

joe

Reaction score
Right on...unless se can find a common definition of HM, it would be hard to continue. All facts are welcome though....

This isn't all about me. How about your description/definition of "traditional heavy metal"? Maybe your account of the genre will motivate me. The Wikipedia definition will not be accepted. :D

nedkelly

Reaction score
We would need the HM family tree here....the "first heavy metal riff" would do fine....since this isn't about me either and since I never quoted one single word from Wikipedia, let's see if the HM family tree will be produced here.:cc:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online