Fire (Official Thread)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Fire was a late 60's early 70's band that consisted of Dave Lambert (who later joined Strawbs) Bob Voice and Dick Duffall (Paul Brett Sage). Brett himself joined them for their now classic Magic Shoemaker LP recorded at Pye Studios London, in 1970. This vinyl LP is currently in the UK's top 10 of collectable vinyl, being listed in Millers Antique Collectable guide. Lambert finally put on a live version of this music in Maidenhead, London late November/December 2007. It featured the original Fire line up, plus Paul Brett and Dave Cousins (Strawbs), with Ray Hammond as the narrator.

I purchased the CD some years ago and it is a very good album some great harmonies and lyrics, kind of folky sometimes and rocky too, I'm not good with words so see for yourself.

Wiki Link

"Father's Name is Dad"/"Treacle Toffee World" (1968)
"Round the Gum Tree"/"Toothie Ruthie" (1968)

Last edited by a moderator:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Fire

Found this archived in te Graveyard section because every link was dead but I looked and found a replacement link for the first two songs (one being a newer live reunion version) and added Flies Like A Bird, which sounds awesome, for the one I couldn't find! This group sounds great! :grinthumb

joe

Reaction score
Re: Fire

I've never heard this Fire before. Recognise a couple of names from the Strawbs(great band). The first two tracks were pure maple syrup IMO. The last tune was good. Here's the Fire I know, from Yugoslavia:D:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online