Fiona Apple
Fiona+Apple.jpg

Fiona Apple Official Website

Albums

1996 Tidal
1999 When the Pawn…
2005 Extraordinary Machine
2012 The Idler Wheel...

Fiona's an artist that I think definitely needs her own thread! To start I'm going to plagiarize myself from another thread on how I found and came to appreciate her:

"Before "Tidal" I was into just guitar rock. The only female artist I had started to get into was Jewel and I had crossed the bridge into Tori Amos yet. I had heard "Shadowboxer" on MTV and I wasn't blown away initially but something intrigued me about it. It was a groovy, jazzy style I never heard in any my music and Fiona sang with a conviction I had never heard vocally before. It was also the first time I felt the power of a piano in a pop song. After that I saw the c.d. in the store I couldn't stop being drawn to the cover.

album-Fiona-Apple-Tidal.jpg

Something about Fiona intrigued me and after I picked it up and put it back a dozen times I finally gave in and bought it. Needless to say, I loved it. It evokes more internal soul than almost anything since. This c.d. opened the floodgates to female artist as well as the piano which has been my favorite instrument ever since!"

My favorite tracks and one of my favorites of all time is "Never Is A Promise"! There's is VERY few piano melodies that flow like that one and I just sink into as that one. The orchestration and her voice, one often filled with venom and deep jazzy soul becomes beautifully vulnerable like the song!

My other favorites from Fiona are:

"Fast As You Can"

"Limp"

"Not About Love"

"Extraordinary Machine"

Fiona brings such an old soul to music and I don't believe any other female artist puts so much of themselves into their song. When she's angry I believe her to the point where it's like "Stay away from her!" When she is vulnerable and open it's a rawness right to the bones. When she shows a little humor you know that she's truly found a moment to smile!

The c.d. i would recommend even though "Tidal" was my introductory c.d. is "When The Pawn...."! It's just solid from track to track and takes the energy and soul of the first c.d. and doubles it!

album-when-the-pawn.jpg

I'm sure a lot of people already know her music but i think she deserves a thread just for her! :tup:

Last edited:

Oblivion

Reaction score
Re: "The Official Fiona Apple Thread"

I'm sure a lot of people already know her music but i think she deserves a thread just for her!

Agreed :) I have all her albums:

* Tidal
* When the Pawn...
* Extraordinary Machine

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I think it's truly

Criminal

That Fiona Apple hasn't gotten more love here!

A live version of her most gorgeous piece! A top five song for me!

Never Is A Promise Live

I love you Fiona!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I Still Like Her Cover Of The Beatles' Across The Universe From Pleasantville!

:phones:

135118.gif

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

She had some nice stuff! She doesn't suck. :grinthumb

bobbyg29

Professor of Rock n Roll
Reaction score

I like her a lot too..."When the Pawn.." is great album. I need to revisit others, it has been a long time since I listened to them.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online