Finale De Floyd

Which of final three Pink Floyd albums do you think is the best?

• The Final Cut

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • The Division Bell

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
Although I'm not completely thrilled with any of them, The Division Bell is the most coherent and listenable.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
And last the Final Cut, but Cosmic you have got me to play FC more because of our chat in the PF thread so it's moved up a few slots on my overall seeding.;)

Well that's all I could ask for. :heheh:

I don't think it's a surprise which I voted for. :D

Masherbrum

Riding the Steel Breeze
Reaction score
No Rick Wright kills The Final Cut for me. Kamen was good, but it isn't the same and that is what sticks out the most.

The Division Bell is my favorite of the the three listed, because they were "a band again" (not many session musicians) and it showed in the music. IMO, they recorded it with the sole intent of going back to the WYWH years and a democratic type of recording.

Last edited:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^You make some good points, however one reason I picked AMLOR is because of "The Delicate Sound of Thunder" VHS tape I bought in the early 90's, i thoroughly enjoyed the concert and picked up AMLOR after I got the video.

Masherbrum

Riding the Steel Breeze
Reaction score
^^You make some good points, however one reason I picked AMLOR is because of "The Delicate Sound of Thunder" VHS tape I bought in the early 90's, i thoroughly enjoyed the concert and picked up AMLOR after I got the video.

Oh trust me, out of the three bro, ALLOT is miles ahead of the final cut and right on the heels of TDB. I merely went on a "gun to the head and pick one".

Imo, DSOT is one of the best live albums. Only a couple of things were touched and for the most part, it was spot on with what I heard live in Auburn Hills a mere week prior to that MSG show being recorded. It is raw and I like it more than PULSE.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Imo, DSOT is one of the best live albums. Only a couple of things were touched and for the most part, it was spot on with what I heard live in Auburn Hills a mere week prior to that MSG show being recorded. It is raw and I like it more than PULSE.

I'm glad I have some company an old friend of mine always goes on and on about how much better Pulse is than "Delicate..." I mean they are both great but I will always enjoy DSOT more, and yeah even on VHS because I've never seen it on DVD.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
In order:

Momentary Lapse of Reason
Division Bell
The Final Cut

Division Bell is REALLY close behind Lapse. Final cut is a LONG way off in third place.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online