Reaction score
14kz1uo.jpg

sdcho7.jpg

Current Line-Up

Richard Patrick – Lead Vocals, Guitar
Mika Fineo – Drums
Rob Patterson – Guitar
Phil Buckman – Bass

Filter was formed in 1993 in Cleveland by singer Richard Patrick and guitarist/programmer Brian Liesegang. They have released five studio albums, starting with Short Bus in 1995. Filter's debut reflects post-Nine Inch Nails state-of-the-art industrial pop.

2vjao3p.jpg

Hey Man, Nice Shot

Dose

Gerbil

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Not too familiar with their stuff Tunez. I'll have to check them out more.

I do remember Take a Picture though. I always loved that song. Late 90's I think?

Mr. T

Reaction score
^^^ Yep! That is off of Title Of Record, their second album which dropped in 1999. A very strong sophomore effort... even better than the debut IMO! :grinthumb

1i1us1.jpg

Here's another from that album.

Welcome To The Fold

LyricalLaurel

EΔЯ ЯESPOИSIBŁE, too!
Reaction score
I'm going to have to go with Jen's submission to this thread, Tunez, as the only one I could listen to. Maybe I'm having a bad night, lol. :/

Mr. T

Reaction score
NP Laurel... different strokes for different folks keep things interesting lol.

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
^ Take a Picture sounds nothing like most Filter songs...so many people I know ran out and bought the CD thinking it would all sound similar. What a shock they were in for. One song I like (off a different album) that might not sound too bad to you is this:

Will post one more, a cover I always liked. Interesting fact is that Richard Patrick, the singer/songwriter, is the brother of Robert Patrick, co-star of the X-Files and the baddie Uber-Terminator in T2.

LyricalLaurel

EΔЯ ЯESPOИSIBŁE, too!
Reaction score
^^ Thanks Whaler. Makes me know my original gut instinct was correct. Take a Picture is the only song so far that has grabbed my attention, so I think Filter is just not my kind of band. No harm, no foul. Only way to find out is to listen, after all! As Tunez said, different strokes! :D

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I like these guys though I've never made the move to get a full album by them. I do think these guys have a pretty diverse range of songs from hard rock to industrial to mainstream pop rock to Electronic Rock. My favorite song though is a track off of the Spawn Sndtrk. I have. It's a steady surge of energy that as silly as it sounds I think would make the perfect wrestling entrance theme. I've actually used it in my WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw game! :heheh: I love the fading in and out and all of a sudden it blast right back into the song. Patricks vocals are perfect for this!

Trip Like I Do

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online